Quantcast

Got Screwed!!!

RDU

Chimp
Apr 6, 2002
RDU
Few years back I purchased a Dagger FS with a B3 rear from Bike Source of Ervine, CA. After few months of normal XC riding, I noticed that my top tube, just above the shock mount was starting to bend upward. I called Bike Source on Ervine, CA. who said the ownership had changed (Dagger & Bike Source)and could not honor the warranty. I then called Dan Glimm who is the owner and builder of Dagger MTB to question about the so-called lifetime warranty. After numerous calls and e-mails, NO RESPONSE! After some research, I was told that this problem was not an isolated case and that it was a common issue from using such a thin tubing. What pisses me of is that I was flipping through the April issue of MBA Action and noticed an ad for a Dagger 10th anniversary frame special. Once again, I will try and call and dig around for some answers, but I feel that I am fighting a losing battle. If anyone can shed some light on this issue and maybe even same situation, I would appreciate you comments.

balfa-dude

Chimp
Feb 24, 2002
Montreal, PQ
That really sucks. I wanted to get one of those frames back then as well, they looked like nice pieces of work. Good luck in getting some closure on this, a nice new 10th anniversary frame would do it. ;) I'd never get over something like that happening either. I still miss my Clark Kent F14 that was stolen on August 5, 1998.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Call your attorney general, and the attorney general in whichever state Dagger was based out of. There may be others in your situation that you can work with for a resolution.