Quantcast

Gotta Love Chris King !!!!

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Gotta Love Chris King !!!!
CK just announced the limited release of pink headsets & hubs to honor National Breast Cancer Month. King will make a charity donation on every pink product sold. :thumb:

http://www.chrisking.com/pink/pink.html

Is there anything not to love about this company? Great products, superb warranty, eco-conscious and now supporting breast cancer research. There's no reason to buy anything else.

Now here's the only question...Are you man enough to ride pink?
:thumb:
:thumb:

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I never understood the appeal of CK until I installed one of his headsets - it was incredible, everything fit so tight and was so smooth.

J

JRB

Lefty said:
Yeah i think it;s marketing strategy.. the people will :heart: even more Chris King.

I am in love with my Discotech rearhub. :drool:
Nice stuff, but I just can't make myself spring for the hubs. Maybe someday, but Hope is way to nice. I do have some 240s that I really like, so maybe someday. The headsets are a must if you don't have an integrated headset (which I hate having)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Sweet! Does anyone have any idea about the price?

I know what the GF is getting me for X-mas now.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
SkaredShtles said:
I can't wait until they come out with purple anodized parts........... :think:

-S.S.-
Check the website, they got 'em :sneaky:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
SkaredShtles said:
What about bar ends? Have "they" said anything about bar ends?!? :help: :D

-S.S.-
Sorry, they've been out ever since H-Ball used them with a riser bar :rolleyes: :eviltongu

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
DUDE!

The girl that owns the shop I work at has one of these as well...

Thats not hers, but the same frame, it's much more vivid in person. I have to let her know about these pinky King comps... :D

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
s1ngletrack said:
That is a sweet bike - in spite of its' pinkness - I especially like the sticker on the non-drive chainstay. :thumb:
HHEHE lol..

McT said:
What will be next? Livestrong Yellow stuff?
No pink ribbon from New Balance.

http://www.komen.org/intradoc-cgi/idc_cgi_isapi.dll?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&ssDocName=newbalanceathleticshoe

Ciaran said:
Sweet! Does anyone have any idea about the price?

I know what the GF is getting me for X-mas now.
I think it is about the same as other Chris King stuff. I think you have to email them for a exact price.

But i would be lovely if you are gonna give your gf that stuff. She will be thankful for ever.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
manhattanprjkt83 said:
hahahhahahaha p.u.s.s, is she hot?

...ewwww...

I think she's almost 40, and her and her husband own the shop (He handles all the bike fixing and tech stuff, she handles sales, bike knowledge, and the business end).

But still...thinking of her like that makes it...icccky ewwwww....

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
and a whole dollar is donated from the purchase. wow!

loco, just get some, man. you know you want to. you're just trying to be cool and differerent. like all those neo-hippies.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
ViolentVolante said:
:stupid: ya a whole dollar, i know wholesale prices on their hubs and headsets, and they could afford to give a bit more
Same here...

meh, CK is overpriced IMHO...my 15 dollar headset has lasted a full year of XC racing, why blow 100 bucks on one so I can think I'm cool...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Except for the fact that very few people ride the same frame/bike for 7 years (how long it would take if you were buying the cheapos before you'd balance it out), to me its a waste, even if it does have my last name on it.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
punkassean said:
I hope they offer EP on these "special" items! If so I know wht my GF is getting for Xmas.

Lefty, nice sig!

LoL yEAH... it was such a nice reply, i had to put it in my sig. :evil: I was waiting for someone to do that. :blah: