Quantcast

Gotz me a truing stand!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The wife bought me a truing stand for a holiday gift. Sweeeet! Now I just need to figure out how the hell to true tires. I guess I'll be practicing on HER bike. ;)

Heidi/Deroyo: Good job on the gift suggestion! :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Heidi
Very cool, now you need to start practicing up!:p
We took a class at our LBS and they showed us how it's done. Seems easy enough, although I can see myself getting pissed and frustrated and kicking the thing. :eek:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by pat873401
truing stands strighten wheels out right?
People straighten wheels, truing stands help make it easier. They are stands that hold the wheel in place and help with determining how much truing the wheel needs.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
The wife bought me a truing stand for a holiday gift. Sweeeet! Now I just need to figure out how the hell to true tires. I guess I'll be practicing on HER bike. ;)

Heidi/Deroyo: Good job on the gift suggestion! :thumb:
Um..yeah.

Do you true tires with a trueing stand?

I usually just air em up and they go straight.

Giving you a hard time. I'm jealous, all I have for a trueing stand is an old fork and a frame I chopped in half that I stick in a hole in my work bench by the seat tube.

What stand did you get? The Park pro or that spooky Minoura?

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
i bought one and used it about 4 times.
Now I don't bother with it at all. I use 2 zip ties on the rear triangle cut down where the rims float by. My front rims have been true going on 4 years and need nothing except new rubber and Stan's.
For the few times a year it is almost not neccessary.
I will never be as good as the shop guy/gal.
That's a fact cause they do it daily.