Quantcast

Gran Turismo 4 road challenge...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
well in all the moving I can't seem to find my GT4 folder which has all the challenges already listed...I'm hoping to find it soon though...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
ok all points updated and new challenges have been added...looks like Toshi and I are the only people still interested :D.....D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
but if Toshi now drops out can you really feel like you accomplished anything?
he accomplished a 3rd place? in my original GT4 challenge with a full(er) roster of participants. that's accomplishing something ;)

and i'm in for these last two. i vote for wrapping up this current challenge at #10, taking a week off, and starting anew, unless you have everything planned out and wish to continue this one, D. i also fear that interest is flagging a bit, and think it should pick up nicely in september through winter once people get indoors a bit more.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ah, D, here's something i've been wondering: do cars with Rally Car in the name count as prohibited "Race Cars"?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
he accomplished a 3rd place? in my original GT4 challenge with a full(er) roster of participants. that's accomplishing something ;)

and i'm in for these last two. i vote for wrapping up this current challenge at #10, taking a week off, and starting anew, unless you have everything planned out and wish to continue this one, D. i also fear that interest is flagging a bit, and think it should pick up nicely in september through winter once people get indoors a bit more.
sounds good to me...D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the Focus RS is one sweet ride. i set mine up really twitchy, too, to overcome that pesky FF understeer. the steering rack is amazingly quick. mmm.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
the Focus RS is one sweet ride. i set mine up really twitchy, too, to overcome that pesky FF understeer. the steering rack is amazingly quick. mmm.
Driving the FF cars is different since being so used to driving the rear wheel and AWD cars in the game...Can't really use power to hammer through a corner.

I tried to setup the SRT4 to minimize the understeer, lots of front downforce, big camber numbers...are you running any toe? Maybe I'll try the Focus out when I get the TV back from Caitlin. Another potential car is the SEAT Ibiza. FWD Audi S3 that doesn't weigh as much as a house.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
2nd Missed Race Challenge:
Course - Cote D Azur (normal)
Car - car must be under 125HP stock!
Conditions- Open
Deadline Sunday 8/12 8:59 PM PST

1'31.063 +/- a few thousandths owing to my memory.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Driving the FF cars is different since being so used to driving the rear wheel and AWD cars in the game...Can't really use power to hammer through a corner.

I tried to setup the SRT4 to minimize the understeer, lots of front downforce, big camber numbers...are you running any toe? Maybe I'll try the Focus out when I get the TV back from Caitlin. Another potential car is the SEAT Ibiza. FWD Audi S3 that doesn't weigh as much as a house.
i actually dialed back the camber, since the front wheels have to handle all that power in a straight line, too. i think my settings were -2.0/-2.0, 0 toe all around. 30 downforce in front, 20? in the rear?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california

oh...so...close

edit: I keep getting killed in that s-turn near the end...my best times are posted when I rip that section, even if the rest of the course is so-so

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
you guys are getting awfully close. i might have to bust out the ps2 again tonight. or maybe i won't :D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
all final points awarded...Toshi almost took it all even though he missed a few races...it was fun guys...hopefully we can get a larger pool of players for the next one...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Elise or Miata?

I ran out of money and didn't have time to make anymore, so I didn't get a chance to try it out.

yeah I was thinking I'm going to build my garage up and get some cash flowing so I'm all ready for the next challenge...racing 2 separate GT4 challenges can break you quick :D