Quantcast

Grand Lake riding

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Im headin up to grand lake for the holiday weekend and will be chilling at my aunts house. I'm wondering if anybody knows of any dh riding so that I can justify bringing my big bike or not. If anybody knows of any secret trails in the area and wants to PM me please do. Thanks.
Tony

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
mtnbkr4235 said:
Im headin up to grand lake for the holiday weekend and will be chilling at my aunts house. I'm wondering if anybody knows of any dh riding so that I can justify bringing my big bike or not. If anybody knows of any secret trails in the area and wants to PM me please do. Thanks.
Tony

no not really, my p-folk used to own a second home up there....and the best riding up there is on the road.

however there is some scary crap in frasier(on the way to GL)...so if you have the time/means, go into totally wired cycling and ask to be shown around.

I bet they could help you out.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I was thinking of going there, I hit up that shop last summer when our car died in Fraser and it kicks ass. Not sure if my parents will let me take up my bike even since we're supposed to be visiting family and all...

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
The stuff that Totally Wired has is all on private property and is not insured. So only close friends and family are generally allowed up there so I wouldn't count on that to be honest. Plus you have to get through a locked gate in which only they have a key to so unless they could come up there with you, you may be out of luck.

The resort isn't too bad... but the cross county in the area is phenomenal. Definitely take a little bike with you and stop in at any local shop and pick up a frasier valley trail map. The place is just littered with miles upon miles of the best single track in the country.