Quantcast

Graves hometown flooded, is he ok?

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Yeah, never mind the people who are actually DIEING up there, is Graves alright?
Mate when someone you know (or even just know OF) is possibly in a life or death situation, you don't typically go round asking if everyone else is alright first. For all that guy knows, Graves might have been one of the people who did die.

However - pretty sure he's alright. Spoke to Scott, Jared's de facto brother in law this morning, and he said all his family and himself were alright, presumably this includes Jared as well.

My condolences to everyone who's lost family, friends or even just material stuff in the floods. Don't know if you guys outside Aus have heard, but there are thousands of houses destroyed by the floods and a death toll likely to end up in the hundreds.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
It's pretty intense over here hey. Power and telecommunications are on and off. We've been loading helicopters to take supplies to people stranded. Wish stupid people would stop trying to swim or drive through the floodwaters.

I wouldn't worry about Graves. His calf muscles will hold him afloat.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
That's whats important at the moment. Spelling and grammar. You're my hero sir.
I already sent a message to Graves when the flooding first happened and Owennn got my honest opinion of his post in his negative rep.

Please accept my deepest apologies for not posting both in this thread.

I do sincerely hope that your family and friends are safe and am thinking of every Aussie.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
... Wish stupid people would stop trying to swim or drive through the floodwaters.
There's a great story about flooding.

A very devout man and his family become stranded at home as the flood waters begin to rise. They get within 100 yards of the house. A raft with emergency workers arrives and offers to help. Being of faith, he dismisses them saying "God will provide"

The waters continue to rise and the waters reach inside the home and they are forced to the second story. The sherriff arrives in a boat telling them they must get out. Again, the man proudly states "Thank you, but God will provide."

Now, the flood is relentless and they are forced onto the roof where a helicopter offers rescue, again standing firm and proclaiming that God will provide. He soon perishes in the flood.

Standing at the pearly gates, he meets the Lord himself and asks him "What happened? You said you would provide. That I had to have faith in you."
God scratches his head, smiles and places his arm around the man:
"My dear child, I sent you a raft, a boat and a helicopter. I was with you the entire time" ;)

SCARY

Not long enough
There's a great story about flooding.

A very devout man and his family become stranded at home as the flood waters begin to rise. They get within 100 yards of the house. A raft with emergency workers arrives and offers to help. Being of faith, he dismisses them saying "God will provide"

The waters continue to rise and the waters reach inside the home and they are forced to the second story. The sherriff arrives in a boat telling them they must get out. Again, the man proudly states "Thank you, but God will provide."

Now, the flood is relentless and they are forced onto the roof where a helicopter offers rescue, again standing firm and proclaiming that God will provide. He soon perishes in the flood.

Standing at the pearly gates, he meets the Lord himself and asks him "What happened? You said you would provide. That I had to have faith in you."
God scratches his head, smiles and places his arm around the man:
"My dear child, I sent you a raft, a boat and a helicopter. I was with you the entire time" ;)
The non-churchy punchline is "Who the hell do you think sent the raft,boat and a helicopter,dumbass?

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Speaking of which, not much update for the Graves since his debacle at the Worlds. His site seems to be in idle mode.

Hope everything is alright in Oz for everybody involved in the flood. That clip is scary, esp at the end when you see the contemporary art like car sculptures!

JaredGraves

Chimp
Oct 29, 2009
Hey Guys, im all good here at home, im up pretty high, so no major damage, just the driveway copped it bad! Pretty amazing to see the damage that happened in some areas though. Yeah my website is in a bit of idle mode, these days it seems to be all about twitter/facebook, so im going to make an effort to keep them regularly updated instead, But it's now all systems go for the 2011 season, and ill have some news soon that some people wont be expecting, but cant say anything just yet....

Cheers!

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Hey Guys, im all good here at home, im up pretty high, so no major damage, just the driveway copped it bad! Pretty amazing to see the damage that happened in some areas though. Yeah my website is in a bit of idle mode, these days it seems to be all about twitter/facebook, so im going to make an effort to keep them regularly updated instead, But it's now all systems go for the 2011 season, and ill have some news soon that some people wont be expecting, but cant say anything just yet....

Cheers!
Good to hear that everything is good with you. Better not be the news that I am thinking!