Quantcast

Gravity National Championship Qualifiers list posted at USAC

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
The list for the 2011 DH National Champs in Beech, NC went up yesterday.
I didn't know they based that off last years points. Some people I thought for sure would be on there, were not.

Are there opportunities to qualify in 2011 or just off last year's points?

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
There've been some qualifier races already in 2011. I'm on it based on my finish at NW Cup #1 (Also ProGRT #1) in Port Angeles, WA. Pretty sure any 2010 qualifying event that happen after last year's Nat Champs was also good for points for this year.

In your case, I'm sure any Gravity East Series race will qualify you.

Last edited:

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
My qualifier showed as Sugarbush (GES) but raced ECS races too. I don't understand how they do it because I have a friend who raced 20+ races last year with podiums and did not qualify. ??? Weird.

HitTheLights

Chimp
Mar 6, 2009
Since when did racing DH qualify you for XC racing? According to the USAC list I am currently qualified to race Cat I XC even though I've never raced a Cat I XC in my life. National Champs would be a good place to start, right?

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
If you have a Pro US Cycling Lic. you just show up and qualify at the race. Much like the Nationals in the old days. I think they take the top 80 from qualifying for the final.

Cecil
I know the past few years they have had us do seeding runs and not have an actual qualifying for your race run. Personally, I'd rather have a qualifying run because in seeding I have always been lazy, sat down and stopped on the course.