Quantcast

Great tool for trails.

Matt22inch

Chimp
Apr 28, 2009
FTL Ga.
So I was thinking about new places to build trails at but I had no idea where to begin. So I was looking at old maps of my town and then it dawned on me. Google Mother F%$*in Earth!!!!!! So. After about 20 minuets of looking around I found a place about a quarter of a mile from my house. So I called city hall and got the number of the guy who owns the land and gave him a call. We talked about my plans for what I wanted to do and that he would be free of fault if me or anyone else got hurt there. He seemed ok with it so I drafted up a waiver for him to sign saying that he isn't responsible for the injuries of anyone on his property. The entire event was kind of surreal. I never expected to actually work out someting like that out and have it go through. THANKS GOOGLE EARTH!!!!!!

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
I use microsoft live maps (or whatever it's called), in this area it has *much* better pictures than google earth.

serbdog

Monkey
May 13, 2002
drexel hill, pa
When I am board I tend to check on places like catty, posh, ninth street and a host of others via satellite. The place where I dig/ride is totally covered by thick woods, so there is nothing to see, maybe if they get a winter shot next time...

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
When I am board I tend to check on places like catty, posh, ninth street and a host of others via satellite. The place where I dig/ride is totally covered by thick woods, so there is nothing to see, maybe if they get a winter shot next time...
haha nice me too. pretty sure i found catty once.

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
man i have a place to build, but its by a river, near a park. technically the walking trails are on the side i dont plan on building, but once school ends me and some friends are gunna make a few trips there to check out the area, if people walk, the dirt, and such. the only problem is that the area is a conservation area, but the side of the river we plan on build at has no trails. and its forested all around. so i say if we do build, the jumps will last the summer. thats it.

Matt22inch

Chimp
Apr 28, 2009
FTL Ga.
where I live there is so much developing going on that many of the areas are now city owned. I found five other places I am going to check on tomorrow. Its a great way to see what is in your area with out wasting all your gas.

East Bay Rich

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
WC CA
My county has public online access to GIS (Geographic Information Systems). This allows users to enter in an address or zoom on the map to get APN #'s. From there, you can find out details, such as mailing address of vacant lots & acreage. Sometimes if you Google the address, public records will come up, especially if they're trying to build something on there.
-Rich