Quantcast

Grilling rules.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The chick is out of town on Vacation with her mom, so what's a guy to do?

Angus beef steak, can't remember which cut. Grilled brocoli, onions and red pepper coated in olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Leftover pasta on the side with sundried tomatoe and mushroom sauce. All washed down with a newcastle, then a pepsi. (Newscastle was consumed while cooking of course).

Simple, tasty, quick.

Anyone have any good, quick grilling recipes? Too hot to turn the stove on, and i'm cooking for one this week.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Photo is direct from my phone, uploaded from my phone, message posted, from my phone. Ha.

I do not have photoshop on my phone.
however, i am guessing you can change the resolution of yr phone, no?

:busted:

:D

that cut looks to be a sirloin strip, my favorite of the cuts.

there are so many variations on grilling, but for steaks, i like to keep it simple:

1 - buy the best cut of meat you can, no marinade needed (unless it's flank steak)

2 - put fresh ground black pepper and ground sea salt, and a bit of olive oil

3 - on a hot grill, cook each side for ~4 min, let rest for ~5 min, and start eating.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I like to marinade a steak over night in some really good olive oil with REAL crushed garlic. I usually put it (them) into a ziplock bag in the fridge over night. Next day, Grill as desired.

crashdwn22

Chimp
Jan 3, 2007
flank steak doesn't have to have a marinade. just last night i grilled up a nice 2lber without it and then let it rest with a parsley/garlic/red onion/hot pepper flake/vinegar/EVOO paste spread over it under foil. DELICIOUS.

or, if you do want to marinade flank steak (it happens to be one of my fav cuts) do a pineapple teriyaki marinade overnight and then grill it with slices of pineapple...soooooo goooood

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've never had a tender, unmarinated flank steak.

i had a killer recipe w/ serrano peppers. garlic and paprika, as a paste, which worked great w/ flank steak.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
i've never had a tender, unmarinated flank steak.

i had a killer recipe w/ serrano peppers. garlic and paprika, as a paste, which worked great w/ flank steak.
We are so having flank steak this weekend.....

I've got this awesome spice mix, lobo red adobo, from the Savory Spice Shop. Make a paste of it, coat the steak with that then next day grill that bastard.... oh so good...

crashdwn22

Chimp
Jan 3, 2007
I mean, usually you have to marinade it, but this worked really well, and as long as you cut the steak relatively thin, against the grain, it can be delicious

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I mean, usually you have to marinade it, but this worked really well, and as long as you cut the steak relatively thin, against the grain, it can be delicious
who the fvck would try to cut flank steak w/ the grain?

SK6, that's basically the recipe right there; take a bunch of serrano peppers, cored and seeded, add some garlic, a bunch of paprika, and mix in a food processor while drizzling some olive oil to form a paste. you can add some dry spices as well.

coat the meat evenly, bag, and refrigerate overnight.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
I'm a little disappointed that there is no beer involved with this meal, or a least a nice cab or merlot:disgust1: :disgust1: :busted: :biggrin:
I don't know how to create edible food without the use of beer. That's why I'm not allowed to bake anything.
Me: We're making a cake?
Her: Yes.
Me: When do we add the beer?
Her: We don't, go away, I'll do this.
Me: Fine, my pipe is calling anyways.