Quantcast

Had the worse day

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Yesterday was by far the worst day I've EVER had on my DH bike.

Started out with only getting 2 hrs of sleep the night before because of a really really bad stomach ache that wouldn't go way. Got to Keystone and took a tumble in a step down rock section, over the bars, landed on my hand, dislodged a huge rock with my thigh that then rolled onto my thigh. Got up with some pain and got back on the bike. 2nd run clipped a tree which threw me into the ground head first. 3rd run rode a new section of trail Keystone just built and rolled a really steep roll in which I should have dropped, I don't know what happened next but I ended up on my side with a pedal in my ribs. 4th run, over the bars again in a rock garden. Decided to call it quits after that.

Got back to the car and inspected myself. Huge abraision/bruise on my thigh, jacked wrist with swelling and I think a broken rib. On the drive home my wrist started swelling and really hurting bad and I couldn't move it. We decided to go to the emergency room for xrays. Good news/bad news....wrist isn't broken but a rib is. I'll be able to ride again in a few days....

Bad days really suck :mad:

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Whenever anyone sas worse day I'm always imagining broken arms and legs! Don't scare me like that.
A couple of days off sucks, but months off would be worse.

Heal up! Eat healthy and get some good rest.

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
that sucks weimie!!!! I would think broken ribs are a pain in the arse (you can't really wrap them or anything, and it hurts to breathe and do various other important things). --But you'll heal quick and be ready to ride before you know it.

dhchix

Chimp
Mar 26, 2006
NC
Dang! Sorry you had a bad day. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Don't feel bad.....I have those days too.

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
I dunno, I might have stopped after the first bad run. I hate to tempt fate if it doesn't feel right.... You're lucky you just got scrapes and bruises.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
I dunno, I might have stopped after the first bad run. I hate to tempt fate if it doesn't feel right.... You're lucky you just got scrapes and bruises.
I agree....but I was with a bunch of guys and didn't want to whimp out :plthumbsdown: And it's kinda scary after crashing so much, you realize how bad it could potentially really get in an instant. Like Bernie, the Cannondale rider that was in a coma for so long. Or your friend, Moshee, that got the compound fracture at Snowshoe. Kinda makes you wonder sometimes....

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
I agree....but I was with a bunch of guys and didn't want to whimp out :plthumbsdown: And it's kinda scary after crashing so much, you realize how bad it could potentially really get in an instant. Like Bernie, the Cannondale rider that was in a coma for so long. Or your friend, Moshee, that got the compound fracture at Snowshoe. Kinda makes you wonder sometimes....
i rode with this guy once. we were looking at this super sketchy, rockhy downhill together and he said to me "live today. ride tomorrow". and then he walked the section.

ever since i met him that's how i feel. it's better to wuss out of something today, not get hurt, so you can ride the next day.
nothing is worse than getting hurt and having to sit home while all of your friends get to go out and play.