Quantcast

Hadley hub 135mm for DHR turner?

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
I've got a hadley with a 15 to 20mm conversoin axle (turner comes with 12 to 20mm) Looking at the hub it seems like there are two hex key holes on the sides where the axle would go thru but they are way too small to fit the 15 to 20mm adaptor? I dont have a wrench so i couldn't turn the hex hole thingies out but is that how it goes in?

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
So somehow with those wrenches i should be able to shove that 15mm to 20mm converter in the hub somehow?

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Ummm.......

I think the reducer cups go in your frame mate. No need to modify the hub at all.

Thats how mine is anyway.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Cave Dweller said:
Ummm.......

I think the reducer cups go in your frame mate. No need to modify the hub at all.

Thats how mine is anyway.
ya the new DHR's comes with 12mm reducers but they will also provide 15mm ones if needed! Does go on the dropouts of the DHR, not the hub.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Hrelp said:
So somehow that lil hole is supposed to fit this fat axle?
that's QR.

If you got the 15mm reducers with the bike, then you need to convert your hub to 15mm

If you got the 12mm reducers with the bike, then you need to convert your hub to 12mm

If you got the 12mm convertsion kit for the Hadley, but have the 15mm reducers from Turner, then you need to contact Turner and get the 12mm ones.

If you got the 15mm convertsion kit for the Hadley, but have the 12mm reducers from Turner, then you need to contact Turner and get the 15mm ones.

If you got the 12mm convertsion kit for the Hadley, and have the 12mm reducers from Turner, you're all set!!

If you got the 15mm convertsion kit for the Hadley, and have the 15mm reducers from Turner, you're all set!!

:) :)

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
Hey Hrelp,

You need to order the Hadley 12mm x 135mm Thru Axle Conv. Kit. Hadley Part Number H500535-CLR. This will convert your 15mm to a 12mm that comes standard on the 04 DHR.

Cheers,

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
What I have is:
1. Hadley hub with the hex end you see in the picture above
2. Hadley 15mm to 20mm axle
3. Turner stock 12mm to 20mm axle

Questoin is now what else do i need and what does a KIT consist of ? All i've got so far are axles..

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Hrelp said:
What I have is:
1. Hadley hub with the hex end you see in the picture above
2. Hadley 15mm to 20mm axle
3. Turner stock 12mm to 20mm axle

Questoin is now what else do i need and what does a KIT consist of ? All i've got so far are axles..
you got #2 and #3 backwards...anyway.

Question about #2...do you have the axle or do you have the conv. kit?

I say order the kit Ratfink posted and be done with it.

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
The 04 DHR comes with a 12mm axle. If your Hadley is 15mm all you need is the Hadley 12mm x 135mm Thru Axle Conv. Kit. Hadley Part Number H500535-CLR. Hadley also makes a small pin spanner wrench to swap out hubs. Your LBS should have the tool. If you have any more questions I'd suggest emailing Hadley at info@hadleyracing.com

Cheers,

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
Acadian said:
When I got my DHR, I could swear Turner telling me that they also have 15mm reducers but you have to ask for them?
Luc,

That could be true, but I don't know why Turner would have a reducer for a Hadley hub. They may have a 15mm axle for the 04 DHR. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt hrelp to give the boys over at Turner a call.

Yanick

Chimp
Sep 11, 2001
Laval, Qc.
Acadian said:
909-946-6780
thanks Buddy.

I just gave them a call, and like many people says in the pass, they rock!! I spoke to Suzanne. I was calling to get a replacement seal that goes on the casette body. She said no ploblem, I will send you all seal you might need to replace on your hub. UMM, sound great to my hears! But she also add, "I will also include spring, pals and the white plastic retainning nut" WOO OOO! that event better that I could imagine.

Small compagny, no webSite, but hell of a great service!!!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Yanick said:
thanks Buddy.

I just gave them a call, and like many people says in the pass, they rock!! I spoke to Suzanne. I was calling to get a replacement seal that goes on the casette body. She said no ploblem, I will send you all seal you might need to replace on your hub. UMM, sound great to my hears! But she also add, "I will also include spring, pals and the white plastic retainning nut" WOO OOO! that event better that I could imagine.

Small compagny, no webSite, but hell of a great service!!!
then you said "I live in Quebec.."

and she said "Screw you then..."

;)

Hadley = :thumb::thumb::thumb: up!!