Quantcast

Hadley MSRP

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
anyone have a current breakdown of Hadley's MSRP? Just looking for QR and 10mm thru-axle prices.

Are they still considered a stout hub?

Compared to something like a Hope Pro 2 (which I don't really like)?

Any other recommendations for a solid set of hubs, rear hub especially? Possibly leaning towards DT 340s.

Trying to piece together a wheelset for a customer who tends to destroy things while staying in the $700-range with 819s.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
just give hadley a call, 909-946-6780

definitely would take them over the hope, the new hubs have a 4pawl system, very durable. and they should still be in the same range of price for your customer.
sure the hopes are cheaper. and are still great hubs. but i still have 6 hadley rear hubs going strong. since 2002

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Go with Hadleys. I've got 2 rear hubs, one for DH one for Trials, and have had zero problems.

Not sure the MSRP on the hub itself (I wanna say its in the $250-300 range; just checked go-ride's website, $270 for the QR version, $290 for a t/a version [which also works in regular vertical dropouts, I'd recommend this). But if he gets a QR hub and decides he wants the bolt on axle its only about $30 or $40 in parts to swap out the axle and adapters for the hub. If he gets a diff frame that has a 12x135 axle he can also get an axle kit for that too at about the same price.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Whats wrong with Hopes?

I lost three or four teeth off of the ring drive on my bulbs in six months...granted they replaced it quickly, but I had to rebuild the wheel. I also find that they seem to catch sometimes when freewheeling esp. fast downhills (2 different bulbs and whatever was on the wheel Loco let me borrow).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just a thought... for the quality of hub you are looking at Industry 9 would be an excellent option. They are now arguably the industry benchmark in terms of quality. If you're not digging their proprietary spokes, they also make some super dope hubs that are compatible with standard style spokes.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Just a thought... for the quality of hub you are looking at Industry 9 would be an excellent option. They are now arguably the industry benchmark in terms of quality. If you're not digging their proprietary spokes, they also make some super dope hubs that are compatible with standard style spokes.
I built a couple sets of wheels with the I9 j spoke hubs, really nice wheels sets. the make really good hubs for rigid 29ers

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
while an I9 set would be good, customer is looking to buy now. Forgot about their normal hubs....that might work out...cost on those?

Last edited:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
That's what I though.

People like to bitch about King MSRP...why doesn't anyone complain about Hadley MSRP or potentially I9?

Found some prebuilt I9/ 819s on a website for $900 (sale at $750)...that's pretty stout.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I just paid full pop retail on a Hadley rear hub from go-ride. I think that's the most expensive bike item I've ever bought retail. Totally worth it IMO.
One of the big things for me is the modular design that means I can make it fit different bikes.