Quantcast

~~Happy Friday Morning~~

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Boy Stosh has been slacking off this week! This is the third morning I've decided to cover for him.

Soooooo......Good Morning Monkeys!! Happy Friday!!

I had a good ride with Tonyhawk last night - see thread below and then got my IH SGS frame sniped out from under me on Ebay last night......so the ride was great, but losing that frame sucked. Oh well!

How was everyone's Thursday night and what's on tap for today, tomorrow and Sunday for all you Monkeys?

Cheers,

Mark

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
good morning mmcg. im hoping to get a little riding in this weekend. its been raining like crazy and is supposed to continue until saturday. i've been going out for short urban rides between the downpours. we start lookinfg for apartments today. its exciting. i've got a list of people i am supposed to call today to get details. i really dislike talking to people i dont know on the phone. school starts back for me monday. ug. i guess i should probably do some reading this weekend.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Morning.

I was hoping to ride to work today, but no dice - definitely next week though.

3 of the tires for my truck arrived yesterday, and the other should be here today. They are friggin huge, but cool as hell.

I'm probably going to be ordering brakes today for the 575. Then everything will be set, and I'll be making the trip to Trailblazers sometime next week. Hopefully I can get some riding in next weekend to break in the 575.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
TGI mutha-f'n F what a week...

Hit the gym pretty hard last night after working a little later than I wanted to.

Gonna hang with the new-found girl tonight and hopefully get it.....err.. ;) then one day this weekend hopefully end up in Golden for some Mt. 7 shuttling!:D

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good morning,

Sleepy and hungry today...I found some crackers in the office kitchen I'm eating for breakfast. Figures...leaving home at 4:40am means I forgot to eat...though I have a lovely sandwich that has been beckoning since I arrived...trying to hold off till at least somewhat closer to a regular lunchtime.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
:dead: :angry: :dead: :dead:

my office is moving today/tommorow......I,m might have to kill one of the employees before the day is over

BUT I did have a decent solo XC ride last night, hit some hills/climbs.....kicked my arse.......paypack was coming back down & hitting 32 plus in a wet open section :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Getting prepared to race the 12 hours of Lodi Farms solo. It starts at midnight and goes to noon on Sunday. Tonight will be my last chance to sleep until Sunday night. Forecast calls for thunderstorms for most of the race.:angry:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Good morning,

Sleepy and hungry today...I found some crackers in the office kitchen I'm eating for breakfast. Figures...leaving home at 4:40am means I forgot to eat...though I have a lovely sandwich that has been beckoning since I arrived...trying to hold off till at least somewhat closer to a regular lunchtime.
Holy Crap you work a lot of hours! In albany, where douglas lives people would be just getting home from the bars when you are heading into work!:eek:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by jacksonpt
Morning.

I'm probably going to be ordering brakes today for the 575. Then everything will be set, and I'll be making the trip to Trailblazers sometime next week. Hopefully I can get some riding in next weekend to break in the 575.
What's left to get for your 575?

If you bought a complete bike you'd be riding it by now! ;) :p :D

Just bustin on you a little Jackson. :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Originally posted by MMcG
What's left to get for your 575?

If you bought a complete bike you'd be riding it by now! ;) :p :D

Just bustin on you a little Jackson. :D
yea yea yea... you and this complete build crap. :D

Nothing... brakes were the only thing left, and I ordered those about 30 minutes ago. I thought they had been ordered already through Trailblazers, but apparently they were on backorder for a least 4 weeks. I just couldn't wait that long, so I got them elsewhere.

Cassette, front der and tires should be at my house any minute. New helmet should be there later this afternoon. Stem, handlbars, and seatpost should be here early next week, brakes shortly after that. Most of the stuff Victor ordered should be arriving at the shop today... cranks should get there sometime next week. Then I just gotta get building.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning :monkey:s!

MMcG - I think :stosh: is gonna have to pay you back w/beers for covering for him this week. ;)

Last night was my spring concert at my middle school! My kids ROCKED the house! I conduct Concert Band and Jazz Band and they really did do a nice job. Now the pressure is off at the middle school and we learn a couple of charts for graduation.

Goin' for a nice XC ride tonight and trail maintenance tomorrow. Other than that, drinkin' beers and hangin out with my twin sisters who are just home from college(yes, the twin volunteers for our Dalton race...:devil:).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by Westy
Getting prepared to race the 12 hours of Lodi Farms solo. It starts at midnight and goes to noon on Sunday. Tonight will be my last chance to sleep until Sunday night. Forecast calls for thunderstorms for most of the race.:angry:
GOOD LUCK!!!! You are much braver than I!!!!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by MMcG
Holy Crap you work a lot of hours! In albany, where douglas lives people would be just getting home from the bars when you are heading into work!:eek:
Yeah yeah...today though I'm leaving around 2 rather than staying later in the day. I'm covering for my girl in Montana who needs to work on her other PT job early today. Doesn't make sense to me to ask someone else to come in early, when I inevitably get here before anyone else all the time. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Yeah yeah...today though I'm leaving around 2 rather than staying later in the day. I'm covering for my girl in Montana who needs to work on her other PT job early today. Doesn't make sense to me to ask someone else to come in early, when I inevitably get here before anyone else all the time. :)
Mad props go out to you Jr_B - you are good peeps!:cool: :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by TreeSaw
GOOD LUCK!!!! You are much braver than I!!!!
Thanks. Squirrelonabike's singlespeed team is being sponsored by Guinness. If I get sick or riding my back up plan is to pound stout.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Happy Friday! Tried to go for a group ride last night, but it POURED and left about 15 of us stranded at the shop (Elevate Cycles in Saratoga). It's sunny out right now and around 80 so I'm going to try to get out tonight for sure!! Gotta work all weekend while my friends are going to Mtn. Creek to rip some DH runs on Sunday...Grrrrrr!!!!! :mad: Oh well, the summer is just beginning right?