Quantcast

~~ Happy Friday ~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, ridemonkey! 'Bout time Friday got here. Anything interesting going on this weekend? Wife and I are heading to VT tonight for the Tubbs Snowshoe Romp for cancer tomorrow at Stratton. We'll come right home after that though so we can be up bright and early Sunday to get ready for our Super Bowl party.

I took a half day yesterday and did a lot of shopping and cleaning. I also did some work on my homebrew. It's real early into my homebrewing hobby, but I am loving it so far. :) I'm ready to make a barleywine Sunday.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning. Still sick but at work anyway like a trooper. Easy weekend, not much planned. Of course, Sunday is football.

Have a good weekend.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
how is it that morons seemingly rule the world? go ask ya'lls boss, I DARE YOU!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

have a grand day me monkeynators!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Another 3 hr session at the skate park last night. good times.

Doing some xc tomorrow and sunday. Tonight going out with the lady to see The Wrestler. And getting a deep fryer. Mmmmm chicken wings!!! I'm gonna have to start riding a LOT more, or else I'm gonna get SUPER FAT. Maybe that's not a bad idea, I could go on a weight loss reality tv show lose a bunch of weight, and get some endorsement contracts out of it. Hmmm....

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning.

Have cleaning detail since we are having my daughter's birthday celebration with the wife's family. Have a cookout planned after the Sunday morning ride this weekend.

Guess I'm obligated to say "Go Cards" due to my locale.

Have a good weekend.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
Another 3 hr session at the skate park last night. good times..

this is EZ -7, whre i used to skate. it used to just be the actual dicth but a few years ago the city went around and put of some local, free parks.

granted these are the kids but you can get decent picture as to what this ditch means to the locals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yFy1R-Ox5wg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yFy1R-Ox5wg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

one for the freeriders. this is the city park just above the ditch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8nqilS0XcVA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8nqilS0XcVA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this is cool and the ditch always get rpainted by the sity when there's too much graffiti.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/POwlo7oTI-c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/POwlo7oTI-c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Busy weekend planned for us. I am out late tonight and most of the day tomorrow for my kids All County Band Festival, then it's straight to Saratoga for our LUNAFEST. Sunday I plan to veg and play with Syd all day and maybe get in a little snowmobiling.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Friday - look like a lot of riding is going to happen since the temps are up. I wish it would snow. Beer drinking comences at 4:30.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Every day is Friday... :cool:

Where the hell is DRB?
standing in the breadline, holding your place.

tired...the Red Bull Soundclash between The Roots and Antibalas was a ton of fun last night. here's a quick run-down:

setup was two stages, facing each other/ the crowd between them. DJ booth at one edge. the balcony was also open, and my black wrist band got me into the VIP section, beyotch :D

anyway, the start of the show had each band playing 3-4 songs of their own, in succession, w/ the Roots leading off. if you don't know who they are, they are a hip-hop/funk/rock/soul band who does all their stuff w/ a live band, no samples or DJs. Antibalas were a 12 piece that had a highlife/afrobeat thing going on, like Fela Kuti.

after that bit, 'the cover' was next, with one band starting a cover, playing a bit, then tossing it over to the other who would finish. this was fun; they did the theme from Cheers and then the Jeffersons.

next up was 'the takeover' where each band would play a couple of the other band's songs. the antibalas guys were cracking up at the versions that the Roots were laying down.

after that was a round i can't recall the name of, but the DJ would play a bit off a record, and the band would have to play one of their songs in that style. last up was the joker, where they could whatever they wanted. the show ended w/ all 20 on one stage, playing a Fela song. great time. booty-shaking for sure.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I can't feel me legs. After back to back soccer games last night and weight class this morning they are spent. Looking for a great weekend of mid 40's temps and training rides and Superbowl watching :monkeydance:

Have a great weekend everyone.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

tired...the Red Bull Soundclash between The Roots and Antibalas was a ton of fun last night. here's a quick run-down:

setup was two stages, facing each other/ the crowd between them. DJ booth at one edge. the balcony was also open, and my black wrist band got me into the VIP section, beyotch :D

anyway, the start of the show had each band playing 3-4 songs of their own, in succession, w/ the Roots leading off. if you don't know who they are, they are a hip-hop/funk/rock/soul band who does all their stuff w/ a live band, no samples or DJs. Antibalas were a 12 piece that had a highlife/afrobeat thing going on, like Fela Kuti.

after that bit, 'the cover' was next, with one band starting a cover, playing a bit, then tossing it over to the other who would finish. this was fun; they did the theme from Cheers and then the Jeffersons.

next up was 'the takeover' where each band would play a couple of the other band's songs. the antibalas guys were cracking up at the versions that the Roots were laying down.

after that was a round i can't recall the name of, but the DJ would play a bit off a record, and the band would have to play one of their songs in that style. last up was the joker, where they could whatever they wanted. the show ended w/ all 20 on one stage, playing a Fela song. great time. booty-shaking for sure.
that sounds really awesome. You gonna have a full writeup soon?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC

Narlus, that sounds like a great time for sure. I'm not really that into, or even know who half the people you go to see are, but that format should be a standard from now on. :happydance:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Narlus, that sounds like a great time for sure. I'm not really that into, or even know who half the people you go to see are, but that format should be a standard from now on. :happydance:
yeah i think it should be expanded on...you gotta give Red Bull credit for some creative events. they do a nice job.