Quantcast

Harpoon Hibernian Ale

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
Tigg - what are the hot beers out of Saratoga these days?
Literally out of 'toga? While since the Saratoga Brew Pub closed, there's just Olde Saratoga Brewing (formerly Mendocino Brewing). I've only had a few of their beers, but their Irish Red, Stout and IPA are decent. And, if you feel like a lighter beer, they make a decent pilsner as well. Hmmm...well, maybe I stand corrected? After doing a search, looks like people are posting reviews of the Saratoga Brew Pub as recently as 2/1/05!?!? (I thought they closed in December?) I guess I'll have to take a swing by there tonight and see for myself!!! :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I'll just add that I only work in Saratoga and actually live in Glens Falls. At home, I'd much rather hit Davidson's (www.sayipa.com) or stop by Cooper's Cave Brewing for a growler or two! :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I give the Hibernian Syle Ale two thumbs up - good stuff - plus Harpoon supports NEMBA.

Steve, I've been to the PUmp Station a few times - pretty cool place.

Find any good local brew pubs in your new home town?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Alright...here's the scoop. The Saratoga Brew Pub is now a hair salon. WTF!?!? :mumble:

And, Wolavers Oatmeal Stout is excellent!!!! I have a RAGING hangover this morning though!! :dead: I must be getting old.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
McGRP01 said:
Alright...here's the scoop. The Saratoga Brew Pub is now a hair salon. WTF!?!? :mumble:
Doesn't suprise me. Good beer, lousy service. It was fine if you hung out at the bar or out on the patio. My experience with eating there was it took a long time after being seated before you could place your order, and equally as much time before you actually saw your meal. :blah:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
berkshire_rider said:
Nothing real close, but on the list are Watch City in Waltham and of course, Harpoon. :)
Steve, I used to live in Waltham....Watch City is pretty good! Also, if you haven't already, head in to the Sunset Grill and Tap in Allston. 100 beers on tap. Always something tasty to try!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Mackie said:
Here's what's going down at work today.
Photo taken about 2 min ago :p :p :p
Literally going down at work? Wish I could drink at work. Actually, after last night, I'm not sure if I'll ever drink again. :dead:

(yeah, right ;) )