Quantcast

Have you paid $75 to register that beer you're selling?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
WTF, that sh!t makes me so angry. PA is one of the worst states when it comes to beer/alcohol, only Utah is close. Get out of the 19th century assholes. Fvck.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
You have to register in almost every state. Hell, New York charges $150 a brand. I'm not sure why PLCB was involved when the registration is handled by the Tax and Trade Bureau.

I'm willing to bet that the complaint came from a competitor who couldn't get his hands on some of the small batch stuff these guys were getting.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I'm willing to bet that the complaint came from a competitor who couldn't get his hands on some of the small batch stuff these guys were getting.
+1

I can't compete with my wide selection of Bud and Miller so, they need to go down!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have friends in the Philly area that frequent this particular bar so I've gotten some of the scoop on this issue.

Most of the beers confiscated actually have been registered as the article indicates, its just clerical errors on names and complete stupidity on the part of the police doing the confiscating.

But yes, there is some truth to your suspicion.