Quantcast

Hayes brake adapter question

rubrduk

Chimp
Sep 8, 2001
la canada
I just bought an older style Hayes 8" front brake (non-flipflop 99/00 i think),...it looks like the post mount style, but it doesn't fit a Manitou(it bolts from the top, not the side),...well, i want to bolt in onto my 2000 Z-1 QR 20,...i have the Marzocchi 8" brake adapter,...but i need an adapter to fit the brake to the fork adapter! What am i looking for and does anyone have one???

email me at: rubrduk@excite.com
:confused:

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
I'm confused...(bolts fromt the top, not the side)??? Are you talking about the caliper itself?? or something else

rubrduk

Chimp
Sep 8, 2001
la canada
sorry i didn't specify that,....here is a pic, what adapter do i need is to mount this brake to the fork, i do not need the extra long adapter as seen in the pic,...i have the Marz 8" fork mount already ( i bough it from BTI, remember this is a QR20 fork, it has a bolt mount, not a cast mount)...I believe this is a 99' brake,...it does not have the flip-flop lever

Attachments

rubrduk

Chimp
Sep 8, 2001
la canada
I already have the Marzocchi brand 8" adapter that bolts straight to the 2 holes in the leg,...it is made by Marzocchi as an upgrade only for an 8" brake on a 99/00 QR 20 fork,...but it has the IS standard 51mm mounting and i need to mount the Hayes like in the picture to the IS mount

rubrduk

Chimp
Sep 8, 2001
la canada
I think that's what i'm gonna do,...after talking to BTI, it seem slike the best option,...that or just sell the brake and spend a lil more and get the newer one.

Thanks All for the input:monkey: :)