Quantcast

Hello again Ridemonkey

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Just popping by to say hi. I haven't posted in a while. Been busy doing Navy things.
After a year of boot camp and 3 different schools I'm finally in CT at my permanent duty station. Its been a wild ride so far! Joining at 28 makes things interesting, that's for sure...

I bought a bike last weekend, a cheap 29er hardtail...I miss my Brooklyn :(

So yeah, if anyone in the New London area is interested in some trail riding, let me know!

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
There may be mini lift-assist at Powder Ridge this year; just up Route 9 there. For a good trail destination check out Burlington CT, then you've got a couple more nearby still.

Thank You for your Service.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Welcome back stranger! Whats the navy got you doing in Connecticut?
Submarines!

There may be mini lift-assist at Powder Ridge this year; just up Route 9 there. For a good trail destination check out Burlington CT, then you've got a couple more nearby still.

Thank You for your Service.
It is an honor to serve!

I only have a cheapo hardtail right now so I don't think I will be hitting any lift assisted trails yet. But hopefully I can get my hands on a DH bike in the near future and then I'm all about that!

Today I found a small network of trails near the base, Bluff Point or something like that. Pretty neat riding near the water.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I'm about an hour north of you. BigT is not medically cleared to ride right now, so I'm looking for someone to ride with.

Join NEMBA. They have rides all over the place.
Quo, sounds good, we'll have to meet up for a ride one weekend!

I will say this, riding on the East Coast is way different from the desert terrain I am used to! No really epic crashes yet, but I've come close. Probably doesn't help that my fork doesn't have any damping either. Haha.