Quantcast

Hello

starrbabes

Chimp
Jun 9, 2006
Puyallup, WA
Hi,
Brand new here. My hubby talks on this thing all the time and it drove me nuts. Then, I started to read some of the threads and the advice has been helpful. I've head some of you talk about Banner Forest, what's out there? I've been riding for 3 years now. I'm hoping to up my riding this year. Signed up for a camp in Aug and hope to learn jumps and drops. Talk to all you guys soon.
JS:)

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
starrbabes said:
Hi,
Brand new here. My hubby talks on this thing all the time and it drove me nuts. Then, I started to read some of the threads and the advice has been helpful. I've head some of you talk about Banner Forest, what's out there? I've been riding for 3 years now. I'm hoping to up my riding this year. Signed up for a camp in Aug and hope to learn jumps and drops. Talk to all you guys soon.
JS:)
Hi Starrbabes and welcome. I ride Banner Forest - it's a little nature preserve in Port Orchard. On the weekends I'm only 8 miles from it so it's like my backyard. Not spectacular riding, just good for a little workout with hills, nice forested trails and some technical twisty trails. Anytime you want to ride there, let me know and I'll show you around.

SeaTac Flow Park is a great place to get in some beginning drops and jumps. Don't have to wait until you go to Whistler or some place like that!

starrbabes

Chimp
Jun 9, 2006
Puyallup, WA
redFoxx said:
Hi Starrbabes and welcome. I ride Banner Forest - it's a little nature preserve in Port Orchard. On the weekends I'm only 8 miles from it so it's like my backyard. Not spectacular riding, just good for a little workout with hills, nice forested trails and some technical twisty trails. Anytime you want to ride there, let me know and I'll show you around.

SeaTac Flow Park is a great place to get in some beginning drops and jumps. Don't have to wait until you go to Whistler or some place like that!
Hi Redfoxx.
My hubby rides SST all the time and I've been there too, but not on the jumps yet. I'm taking a beginner jump class in two weeks to hopefully learn how, then maybe I'll try it.
My favorite riding is twisty trails, I have a XC bike that is perfect for that kind of riding, maybe we can get together and ride sometime soon.
JS

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california
starrbabes=ooh, a beginner jump class. I'm jealous! Have fun and tell us everything you learned! What kind of bike will you ride for your class?

starrbabes

Chimp
Jun 9, 2006
Puyallup, WA
zoey said:
starrbabes=ooh, a beginner jump class. I'm jealous! Have fun and tell us everything you learned! What kind of bike will you ride for your class?
It's being offered from Fluidride through the BBTC. I have a Specialized XC that I will be riding that gets about 4 in. of travel. I know, not the most optimum bike for the class, buy my hubby is 6'2" so I can't very well ride his DH bike. I will, however, be renting a DH bike when I take the Spokeswoman camp at Whister in Aug. I'm hoping this class in two weeks will atleast help me some since I don't know the first thing about jumping or dropping.
I'll keep you posted.
JS

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
starrbabes said:
Hi Redfoxx.
My hubby rides SST all the time and I've been there too, but not on the jumps yet. I'm taking a beginner jump class in two weeks to hopefully learn how, then maybe I'll try it.
My favorite riding is twisty trails, I have a XC bike that is perfect for that kind of riding, maybe we can get together and ride sometime soon.
JS
Hey, that's cool you're taking that class. I belong to the BBTC and we're taking the intermediate class of Simon's, plus we were supposed to take a private lesson at SST with Simon this morning there but I broke a spoke on my wheel so we are rescheduling.

We may have run into your hubby down there if he rides in the evening.

starrbabes

Chimp
Jun 9, 2006
Puyallup, WA
redFoxx said:
Hey, that's cool you're taking that class. I belong to the BBTC and we're taking the intermediate class of Simon's, plus we were supposed to take a private lesson at SST with Simon this morning there but I broke a spoke on my wheel so we are rescheduling.

We may have run into your hubby down there if he rides in the evening.
Yes, my husband rides there after work around 6:30, he's a big tall guy usually skidding down the jumps face first with his hands spread. LOL. No, he's pretty good, still learning though. He rides an Iron horse Yakuza Kumicho.
I plan to take Simon's Intermediate Class after I do the beginner class. Let me know if it's helpful. Oh and I hope you get your private lesson soon.
JS

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
starrbabes said:
It's being offered from Fluidride through the BBTC. I have a Specialized XC that I will be riding that gets about 4 in. of travel. I know, not the most optimum bike for the class, buy my hubby is 6'2" so I can't very well ride his DH bike. I will, however, be renting a DH bike when I take the Spokeswoman camp at Whister in Aug. I'm hoping this class in two weeks will atleast help me some since I don't know the first thing about jumping or dropping.
I'll keep you posted.
JS
That's great that you are doing the Spokeswoman camp--just know that if you rent a bike from them, it will not be a DH bike--it will be a Kona Coiler, and if you are 5'4" or under, I would not recommend it. Bring your own bike--seriously.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Oh yeah--a DH bike is not really even necessary for what you do at the camp. Its a lot of practicing at the skills parks and not much riding on the technical trails. It was hard for me to do that since I love to ride the technical trails, but its good to take a step back and dial in the basics.

starrbabes

Chimp
Jun 9, 2006
Puyallup, WA
GrapeApe79 said:
Oh yeah--a DH bike is not really even necessary for what you do at the camp. Its a lot of practicing at the skills parks and not much riding on the technical trails. It was hard for me to do that since I love to ride the technical trails, but its good to take a step back and dial in the basics.
Thanks GrapeApe79, I'll bring my bike then. I'm excited to do the camp and learn some skills though. We are going to be there a couple more days too so I'll have time to ride the trails. I couldn't go up there and not ride!!!