Quantcast

Hello

Jarhead

Chimp
Aug 18, 2008
Auburn Wa
Hello all, I just got started in MTB a couple of months ago and I love the hell out of it. My name is Chuck and I just moved to the Seattle Area earlier this year. I am a retired Marine looking for some patient quality riders to help show me the ropes about this sport. I used to ride Motorcross but gave it up because it's a logistical nightmare sometimes. Anyone in the Auburn/Seattle Area that doesn't mind a tag along give me a shout sometime. I bought a 08 Kona Coilair thinking that this would be a great 1st MT Bike for free riding. Nice to meet you all and look forward to your inputs as I will have questions from time to time.

Take Care
Jarhead

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Hopefully someone can suggest some local groups for you to check out. Nothing helps more than finding some locals to show you around the terrain and to motivate you as well.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Yo. Welcome. I'm up in Bothell (northeast-ish of Seattle proper) and am a roadie/xc/dh guy.

Check out the Pacific Northwest forum...toss up a post in there, or search for some threads related to new riders, etc.

www.bbtc.org is a good jumping off point for new riders to the area...getting acclimated to the trail systems and other peeps in the know.

Hope that helps.

-G