Quantcast

Help choosing fork

Boberinoe

Chimp
Jul 12, 2008
boise, id
I mainly do all moutnain riding but I do ride the lifts. Im having trouble choosing between a 2009 Rochshox Revelation or (less costly) 2007 marzocchi all mountain SL 1. I ride, upto, 5 foot drops and lots of rock gardens. Any help is appreciated

DaveyIntense

Chimp
Jul 25, 2008
Berwick
Revelation is good i have it and no problems. You could go with the Totem solo air dropped down to 160mm If your not bothered about adjustability. Or the lyric for adjust.

Last edited:

dirtslayer

Chimp
Jul 21, 2008
socal
id go with the Marzocchi RC3 66, the single crown bomber, its such a plush fork and its not to heavy. it handles 40 foot gaps i throw at it, oh yeah, there is also a silohuette picture of this hot chick on the left lower leg:cheers:

Boberinoe

Chimp
Jul 12, 2008
boise, id
i weigh 175lbs. im choosing between these two forks because of weight, i need it for agressive cross country aswell. im talking about the 2009 revelation that has, essentially, replaced the pike but only in name.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
I pretty sure the AM sl uses the tst sealed damper (any version)....which seems to have proven itself one of the least reliable forks Marz has ever made. Older ones got air in them and damping stopped working.....new ones suck oil into them and hydro lock.....

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Going by Marzocchi's track record for this year, steer clear. Go for a RS of some sort.

DaveyIntense

Chimp
Jul 25, 2008
Berwick
Id get the Lyric coil if you want it for big hits and cross country its a great fork, my mate who rides for MSC bikes has it and swears by it.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Going by Marzocchi's track record for this year, steer clear. Go for a RS of some sort.
Yup RS or Fox is the only two forks I would run on my bike. In the group of friends who all ride together (xc/pumptrack/DH/freeride) everyone's forks have been sold off traded or scrapped to end up with some sort of RS product. Boxxers, Totems, Pikes and Argyles.

I may not have the expertise as to which model is going to fit you best but I would say look into a Pike, Lyric or Argyl.

happy shopping