Quantcast

HELP..experts, I need help

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
Something very weird is happening to me that I really can explain.

Ya see during DH race season I stacked it and ended up blowing out my knee (both meniscus and ACL). I spent the better part of the summer and fall in rehab. NOw that I am feeling better I begain to get back into the regimen I was in prior to the wreck. Only this time I did not want to bulk up.

My work consisted of body weight exercises (push ups, pull ups dips crunches etc) 3 X per week

and 3 days of cardio. 1 day interval 50%-60%-70%-80%-90% for four sets a minute or so in each range, a 30 min spin on the trainer at about 70% and then a 3 hour ride on the weekend

I have been trying to eat better, 5 meals a day limiting process foods and sugars

I have been doing this for about three weeks now and the weirdest(sp) thiing is happening. I am gaining weight like crazy and moreover putting on inches in the wrong places...stomach. I have already put on 1" in 3 weeks on my stomach..not good. My stomach is bigger than it was a month after surgery just sitting on the couch watching Jenny Jones.

What's up????any ideas, changes or feed back

Thanks

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by SDH
Something very weird is happening to me that I really can explain.

Ya see during DH race season I stacked it and ended up blowing out my knee (both meniscus and ACL). I spent the better part of the summer and fall in rehab. NOw that I am feeling better I begain to get back into the regimen I was in prior to the wreck. Only this time I did not want to bulk up.

My work consisted of body weight exercises (push ups, pull ups dips crunches etc) 3 X per week

and 3 days of cardio. 1 day interval 50%-60%-70%-80%-90% for four sets a minute or so in each range, a 30 min spin on the trainer at about 70% and then a 3 hour ride on the weekend

I have been trying to eat better, 5 meals a day limiting process foods and sugars

I have been doing this for about three weeks now and the weirdest(sp) thiing is happening. I am gaining weight like crazy and moreover putting on inches in the wrong places...stomach. I have already put on 1" in 3 weeks on my stomach..not good. My stomach is bigger than it was a month after surgery just sitting on the couch watching Jenny Jones.

What's up????any ideas, changes or feed back

Thanks
Eat less?

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
(Calories in) - (Calories used) = Loss or gain.

Try for a deficit of about 100 a day.

Weigh yourself every morning so make sure your metabolism hasn't come to a screeching halt or something weird like that.

It's a pain in the but to put your morning cereal in a measuring cup. But if your serious about it, you'll take time to measure your portions, keep a log, and quantify the results the next morning on the scale. From there, you can make adjustments to your caloric intake.

It's not hard, it's just a pain in the ass.

pot

Chimp
Oct 5, 2001
waikato, New Zealand.
Sounds like something In your metabolism is out of kilter as All though you are exercising at Quite high intensities you are not refueling you glycogen using your fat stores. Try some lower intesity exercise and perhaps eat more fat (good stuff though) Perhaps this will reestablish your fat burning enzymes and system. There could also be a possibilty that The lactic acid you create In your intervals etc is destroying the muscle enzymes that breakdown fat into cho but I can't remember what you could possible do about this.