Quantcast

HELP - looking for a frame builder in canada, do you know him?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i saw his unified steel dh bikes 3 years ago in vermont.

seemed he raced expert and his freind was on one too.

they were at haystack camping.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
You know, I worked for years designing a frame - my first decent design - and it was pretty much that bike. Now I don't need to build it anymore!

But damn that's a nice bike.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
buildyourown said:
My bike ended up very similar. Different shock placement, but otherwise, pretty much identical.

Great minds think alike

you have pics of yours?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
bcd said:
you have pics of yours?

No, it's top secret. I cover it in garbage bags and duct tape when I ride so nobody can get "spy shots" of it.

Actually, it isn't quite done. This real job and home ownership keep getting in the way. It is about 80% done. All I have is Solidworks screenshots and jpg's

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Any word on when/if those will actually be in production? I've been waiting for word since they posted that bike up a few months back...been keeping my eye out for some high-pivot bikes with roller drivetrains. After feeling how nice a rearward-trajectory suspension feels, it was depressing to see the demise of the BB7.

MD

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
MikeD said:
Any word on when/if those will actually be in production? I've been waiting for word since they posted that bike up a few months back...been keeping my eye out for some high-pivot bikes with roller drivetrains. After feeling how nice a rearward-trajectory suspension feels, it was depressing to see the demise of the BB7.

MD
well, theres still Canfield, BMW, Gack, Cliffcat....

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, the Canfield F1 (or a Signature!) would sure be a nice way to go...Gack and Clifcat I'm not so sure about. A Brooklyn Racelink would be pretty nice, too.

MD

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass

hold your horses, i've heard from my sources, who happen to know people, and supposedly the company that bought them out has spent some time reviseing the frames, and plans to start production in 2006, no joke. there's no way they could just get rid of such gret bikes. i've got a two step and it's awesome

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
that steel bike has a lot of similarities with one of Bills many clifcats

cool

dw

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
MikeD said:

MD

dhtoby@hotmail.com

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Hey, man, I just lamented Balfa's demise (?)...you started brand-slingin'. And I have to say, BCDs intrigue me...16.5" or so chainstays as part of custom geometry on a high-pivot DH bike that's featherweight? Oh, yeah...

MD

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
MikeD said:
Hey, man, I just lamented Balfa's demise (?)...you started brand-slingin'. And I have to say, BCDs intrigue me...16.5" or so chainstays as part of custom geometry on a high-pivot DH bike that's featherweight? Oh, yeah...

MD
word up D! carbonizzle forever!

of corse i might be neck deep in pape with dhbra.org by then and not have time to make any :heart:

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
MikeD said:
MD
it seems they're almost ready to crank up production; if you really want one *now* apparently they'd entertain building one if you put down some $$. looks like a solid bike.