Quantcast

Help me out here

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I recently decieded that trying road biking might be a fun new twist on a bike, im wondering what a good beginning bike would be with a price range under $800, any imput at all would be helpful as my knowledge of road bikes is very limited.

Edit: im about 6'1" 140 if thats helps at all

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
As for components, don't bother with Tiagra. If you just can't afford 105, which it looks like you can, then just go with Sora... or the campy version.

If you have the money and are certain that you'll roadbike for years to come, double your budget. Get measured at a shop, buy the right frame from the start.

Just make sure to get a triple.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Maybe a Giant OCR? I got an OCR One on sale for my first road bike. I road that thing INTO the ground before I finally upgraded.

neurostar

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Rochester, NY or Boise, ID
I like my OCR3. It's pretty cheap (~$600). But if you know you like road biking... definitely go for a better bike. I got the OCR3 because I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy road biking.. but now I wish i would have gone out and spent at least $1500 on a bike. Don't get me wrong.. it's a damn good bike... but at this point, I'm looking at higher quality bikes.