Quantcast

Help me waste money. Quick

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Ok iv'e got $350 to spend i dont have to but i feel the need. Im heading ov'r younder to Mammoth next week and i need to order some stuff now. I have a problem picking what i should buy. Help. Ake

*Frame*Cove Playmate 05
*Fork*Marzocchi 66rc 05
*Rims*Sun Dbl Track
*Hubs* DT Swiss 440fr
*Spokes*Wheelsmith
*Tires*Maxxis Minnion ST
*Tubes*Intense DH
*Shock*5th Elm (Steel Coil)
*Brakes*Hayes (G2 Calipers)
*Saddle(Seat)...(SDG DJ Seat,Bontrager Seat-->old skool)
*Derailer*XT
*ChainGuide*E.13
*ChainRing*RaceFace DH
*Bars*RaceFace Diblious
*Stem*RaceFace Diblious
*SeatPost*Axoim..
Crankset*RaceFace Diblious

Thats the stuff on my bike right now, orignally i was gonna go with a Roco TST but im not sure anymore.

mace2

Chimp
Oct 27, 2004
i wouldn't bother upgrading anything

if you HAVE to, the only thing i would do is the brakes. to avids or saints.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Your build seems pretty solid. If the wheels will be redone after the trip then maybe you should just buy the roco.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
cheap hookers and good drugs. much better than the other way around. :D

(honestly, biggest upgrade would be your rear shock, possibly followed by lighter wheels. but I'd see if you can swing the RC, or maybe even an '06 RC. it feels like butter...)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Ti spring would be a horrible investment. Honestly, one thing won't change your bike radically. Get it tuned up and ready to go and ride it. The Roco would be IMO the biggest improvement, but your fork will then be lacking in comparison. I say ride and save for a new bike once yours is clapped.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
cheap hookers and good drugs. much better than the other way around. :D

(honestly, biggest upgrade would be your rear shock, possibly followed by lighter wheels. but I'd see if you can swing the RC, or maybe even an '06 RC. it feels like butter...)

Does the RC/World Cup feel that much diffrent to the TST. Im doing more freeriding then downhill on this bike so i like the idea of TST.