Quantcast

Help my head is huge!

westernpenna

Chimp
Apr 1, 2004
Pittsburgh
Maybe some of you remember Pro-Tec before Vans owned them when there helmets were not certified and actually fit big heads well. If anyone knows were I might find a NEW helmet that fits this description please let me know.

I have tried pretty much every helmet out there on and none of them seem to fit. 661 Mullet and Dirt Lid NOPE too small! TSG NOPE too small! Bullet NOPE too small! Pro-Tec NOPE too small. The Giro and Bell helmets fit ok but have the largest shell ever!

Someone please make allegedly unsafe helmets again. I won't sue I promise.

Any help from any of you would be greatly appreciated.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Bell and Giro both make a XL size helmet, Triton and Atlas, which fit a 65cm circumference.

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
The giro semi MX looks skate style and the XL fits my huge mellon.

And I have a HUGE mellon. I had to try on about 50 XXL moto helmets before I found one that fits.

Keep in mind that if there is just one spot where the helmet is too tight, you can compress the foam there with the back of a spoon to make it fit better... it's better than not wearing a helmet.

westernpenna

Chimp
Apr 1, 2004
Pittsburgh
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
The giro semi MX looks skate style and the XL fits my huge mellon.

And I have a HUGE mellon. I had to try on about 50 XXL moto helmets before I found one that fits.

Keep in mind that if there is just one spot where the helmet is too tight, you can compress the foam there with the back of a spoon to make it fit better... it's better than not wearing a helmet.
I have never tried the whole spoon compression thing. But it makes sense. The helmets are only tight in certain spots.

Thanks!

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I have used the spoon thing, it makes the helmet less safe by compressing somthing that should be compressed in a hit. I have a huge head as well. For street I wear the XL giro Xen. not as cool as a skate helmet ,but it fits!!!

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
i have a massive head aswell, I use a pro-tec helmet which i took a dermel to and "sanded" down the foam enought o get it to fit. It's not compressed so the foam still has the compression for impacts it's just a little thinner than a stock one.