Quantcast

Help! Swinger stuck

DTLogic

Monkey
Aug 16, 2006
South Fla
I have a swinger coil that has been off my bike and without a coil. It is stuck in the shorten position and i cannot get it to extend. I have put it on my frame and tried to use the frames leverage with no luck. Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix it.:banghead: Except for the usual "get rid of the Manitou garbage and buy a decent shock"(even though it is great advice!!!!!!!)

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
I don't know how the swinger works, but on most typical shocks that have a gas charge the shaft should never stay compressed. My guess is you had a leak, compressed the shock, the pressure in the reservour was too low to extent the shaft back out and you forced all the gas out and now you are trying to full a vacuum when you try to extend the shaft. If you have a shraeder valve pump it up but either way it looks like you need the shock serviced.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
most probably you rebound is set at the slowest setting, and you just need a bigger force to pry it apart....

DTLogic

Monkey
Aug 16, 2006
South Fla
:poster_oops: it was the rebound knob set at it it's highest (or lowest) setting:bonk: I'm not too happy about being stupid but I am happy my Gemini DH is back on the trail!!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: