Quantcast

Help with a car stereo issue

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
So here's the deal. Have a stock Infinity Sound System in my rig. AM/FM/Cass/4 CD Changer...all the bells and whistles. Controls for the stereo on the back of my steering wheel. But all of a sudden the controls have just quit working. The music still plays, but I can't change it. Controls on the steering wheel and the dash not working. The CD's will play in the order that they are in the player and I can eject them, and with all CD's ejected, the radio will play. But i can't change the channel. And when CD's play, can't change the song or anything. The volume control does work. And the display..with the clock in it...stays on all the time. It's kind of weird and really starting to piss me off.

Anyone got any ideas before I have to suck it up and take it to the dealer and get screwed?

Thanks!

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
If the head unit controlls themselves are acting up, it's most likely internal and you're pretty much screwed.

Unless your really, really good with electronics and a soldering iron. Even then your chances are slim.

Is the car still under warranty? If so, take it to the dealer.
If not, get a new aftermarket head unit. The controlls on your steering wheel won't work, but you'll be much better off $$$ and quality wise.