Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
not exactly sure WHAT this is. ya gotta love the duct taped on downtube protector....innntheegheetooo...

A

Atomic

Originally posted by diesel
not exactly sure WHAT this is. ya gotta love the duct taped on downtube protector....innntheegheetooo...

Mmmmm.. reminds me something:rolleyes:

R

Rabie

Azonic Evolution. Props to Ben for hooking me up with the Rotovators... now it's just waiting for the Evil DRS. :devil:

Attachments

A

Atomic

Originally posted by Rabie
Azonic Evolution. Props to Ben for hooking me up with the Rotovators... now it's just waiting for the Evil DRS. :devil:

Stealth! Nice...

axel

Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
conway, ma

is it just me...or does that seat seem a little too close to the tire???

Danchez

Chimp
Apr 9, 2002
Orange, CA
Originally posted by Rabie
that is a SWEET lookin gbike. i love the total stealthness. the rotovators give it an even more menacing appearance. it's great.

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by Yuornamehere..
get this, its not even welded but brazed together. haha
QUOTE]

Is that someones lakejumping rig? I sure wouldn't want to land on that one...

A

Atomic

Originally posted by big cal

what does that say on the seat stay? "these tyres are as fat as your ?____? "

sik bike and nice build!
As fat as your MOM!:p

A

Atomic

Originally posted by Yuornamehere..
get this, its not even welded but brazed together. haha

:rolleyes:
as ugly as it gets.. I bet it'S gonna break soon :P

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
thats what i thought spag...thats why i didnt understand why people were all "ITS BRAZED!" as if thats a bad thing...im pretty sure a 100% brazed frame is pretty freeking tough. now im not saying this thing ISNT a pos. but...itll prob hold up for a while.

M

M.W.

From what little knowledge I have, I thought that brazing was stronger if you have two faces that are sliding along each other, but not if you just butt a tube against another one. It would be stronger if you had gussets around the tubes and welded those up, wouldn't it? I might be thinking about other things though.

Even if the method of joining is strong, that thing still looks sketchy.

R

Rabie

Originally posted by Danchez

that is a SWEET lookin gbike. i love the total stealthness. the rotovators give it an even more menacing appearance. it's great.
Thanks, man. I didn't really dig the rotors Hope specs on the mini's, but couldn't really justify going for the M4's (although those rotors are *killer*), so the rotovators worked out perfectly. Maybe a little flashy, but I think the rest of the bike is clean enough to get away with them.

M

M.W.

My 24-7 in it's current incarnation. And no, that's not just a normal cassette with no deraileur, it's an old cassette I had that I've taken apart and rearranged the order of everything so that all the cogs are sandwiched up at the hub, and then the spacers are around the cog. Seems to work well enough.

Attachments

R

Rabie

Looks kinda like an Arrow DSS (seatstays). At any rate, I bet the seat makes a cool motorcycle noise on the tire.

spag52

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
MA
Originally posted by M.W.
From what little knowledge I have, I thought that brazing was stronger if you have two faces that are sliding along each other, but not if you just butt a tube against another one. It would be stronger if you had gussets around the tubes and welded those up, wouldn't it? I might be thinking about other things though.

Even if the method of joining is strong, that thing still looks sketchy.
the guy who made this is in the process of putting gussets on.

spag52

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
MA
warped, i doubt it unless they are using steerer tube shims which i don't even think is possible...marzocchi said they weren't jumpin on 1.5 bandwagon

A

Atomic

I dont think it's a 1.5" headtube.. I think it's probably just a fricking thick and huge n strong head tube, like on the Balfas BB7, on these babies even a FSA The Pig DH looks really wimp, like 1/8" inside the outside of the head tube...sicck! That's why they call this, the "Moose Proof" headtube :rolleyes:

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Here is an updated snap of mine...
I've just added a new DMR 4130 bar, as my old one broke. And new tires...

A few details...

M

M.W.

Originally posted by PGR
Here is an updated snap of mine...
I've just added a new DMR 4130 bar, as my old one broke. And new tires...

A few details...
Oooh, nice. How do you like those bars? I'm thinking of getting some when (not if, when) my 24-7 bars bend.

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
I've just put the bars on today, so I haven't got that much time on them yet. I did go for one ride though, and they felt solid. I had the aluminum version of the DMR bar before, and the sweep is the same (4 deg) and everything.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
oops

i almost forgot to post this contraption here, it had a short but hectic life, check out the mysteriously steep headangle for a HT with a 7" fork

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
May not be the beef king around here, but it's got great handling, if not the girth of the big boys.

I never knew how much fun it could be going this hard.

Enjoy...I do.

:p

MD