Rhyno lite rims on xt rear and ringle front hub
xt drivetrain, 32 tooth chainring
evil bashguard and chainguide
hayes mech. brakes
azonic bar
hussefelt crank and stem
azonic hot seat
Stock seatpost, headset, and pedals
Will upgrade headset to king and'll put on some primo pedals.
Weight: about 33lbs

Attachments

Anders

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Carlsbad, CA, USA
Originally posted by Jozz
My addition to the BHP thread.

Built her up last night!

Complete specs and story telling here
very nice chameleon. just built mine up ss bout 2 months ago, im lovin it. u do know that u can bolt the wheel in the dropouts without the inserts? a lot better chainstay length adjustability. will post a pic soon ;)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Originally posted by Anders
very nice chameleon. just built mine up ss bout 2 months ago, im lovin it. u do know that u can bolt the wheel in the dropouts without the inserts? a lot better chainstay length adjustability. will post a pic soon ;)
Yeah, but are you running the disc adapter?

Mine is a 2002, the disc tab is on the adapter.

Post some pics!

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Hey Monkey boy it will happen all in good time.For myself i have waited for a few years to be able to get to this point on my bikes.Just hang in there and keep focused on how sweet your bike will look once you have it the way you want it:thumb:Then you can start thinking about the next one;) :D

Now Jozz we need to have Devy get his built up:thumb:Can't have him riding the Blur can we.He just so fussy about which frame;) :D I can just imagine what he will end up with for a SS frame;)

We also need to get I Are Baboon on a SS. Now that would be a ride in the Kingdom that would be a great photo op,just think of that one:D ;)

lukeduke

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
one of my 2 Cortina Triton HT's. Just threw the new 2003 Z1 QR20 on it to replace the FR5 that was on there. Wanted to reduce the weight a little, and still have the 5" travel, and the 2003 was on sale.... Team it up wth Hope Dh4 brakes, rhino-lites, FSA cranks and BB, a Heim guide, Kore stem, Azonic bar, all the goodies.......

Attachments

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
rdu,
that bike looks great?
what are you using it for? You may consider some less meaty/less dhish tires depending on what you're using it for...
good stuff.

- dump

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
I have striped down my Downhill bike as I am selling it to get a new frame. And I was left with loads of parts and no bike to ride so I have built up an old azonic frame with bits from my DH bike and I rides better than I thought it would and I am now not really in a rush to get my new frame and just ride this over the winter(or until the head tube snaps off). :D

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Originally posted by Tom DH
I have striped down my Downhill bike as I am selling it to get a new frame. And I was left with loads of parts and no bike to ride so I have built up an old azonic frame with bits from my DH bike and I rides better than I thought it would and I am now not really in a rush to get my new frame and just ride this over the winter(or until the head tube snaps off). :D
is that a fox forx DC? it kinda looks like one...or maybe a boxxer with fox stickers?????

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
It is a Boxxer fork with a Mojo conversion kit in it. Mojo is the UK importers for Fox and they have made a kit that uses a few fox parts.

RDU

Chimp
Apr 6, 2002
RDU
Originally posted by dump
rdu,
that bike looks great?
what are you using it for? You may consider some less meaty/less dhish tires depending on what you're using it for...
good stuff.

- dump
Doo all bike....
I didn't buy any wheel in an effort to shave some cost, so I put these old DH wheels on it for now. Urban & DJ. No trials. What wheels would you recommend:confused:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by RDU
Doo all bike....
I didn't buy any wheel in an effort to shave some cost, so I put these old DH wheels on it for now. Urban & DJ. No trials. What wheels would you recommend:confused:
gotcha - the wheels are cool; I just noticed right away that the tires are intense dh tires... known for being rather heavy.

if you're riding urban & djs, you might consider something a lil lighter w/ less tread... something along the lines of the arrow launch. but especially for djs, i prefer not to run dh tires as they tend to rip up the jumps more than a tire with less tread.

- dump

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
Originally posted by RDU
Doo all bike....
]
I had 321's with 2.7/2.5 maxxis tires... nice do it all type wheels.
If you're very smooth, you can do lighter tires and wheels, or you can get a set of light rhynolites (if you want to do a 24" rear) a set of mag 30's (heavier than 321's).
If you're gonna be doing drops over 4 feet, or big dirty jumps where you might be landing flat, either 321 if you want 26" or mag30 if you want 24"... if you're going to be doing smooth stuff, trials and shiat, 321's, 521's (if you want to go a bit lighter) or rhyno's. Well, that's what i would do anyways. Or maybe a set of arrow FR's if you can afford them (and are running tires under 2.5)...
i'd personally used 321's r rhyno/mag30 if i wanted to do the 24" route... personally.
i like that paint.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
hey dump, what length is your stem, and why is 'so long'? what type of riding do you do on the Nicolai, street and dj only? does the longer stem have benefits? i'm running a 50mm on my Imperial and was considering going to a longer stem, but i don't know if it would give me what i'm looking for.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by the Inbred
hey dump, what length is your stem, and why is 'so long'? what type of riding do you do on the Nicolai, street and dj only? does the longer stem have benefits? i'm running a 50mm on my Imperial and was considering going to a longer stem, but i don't know if it would give me what i'm looking for.
my stem is 75mm. if you consider that "so long," i think you need to put things into perspective :dea:

i ride everything w/ my bike... from street to dh. I have a longer stem to give me more room on the relatively short 21.5" tt ... i'm 5'11"

- dump

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Hey Dump, your bike is schweet...Would you say that the majority of riding you do on it is urban even though you said it was a do-it-all?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Originally posted by dump
my stem is 75mm. if you consider that "so long," i think you need to put things into perspective :dea:

i ride everything w/ my bike... from street to dh. I have a longer stem to give me more room on the relatively short 21.5" tt ... i'm 5'11"

- dump
that's 75? er...i think my stem might not be the length i think it is, then.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by Mr Tiles
Hey Dump, your bike is schweet...Would you say that the majority of riding you do on it is urban even though you said it was a do-it-all?
you got it... that's primarily because i'm always in a city... rarely get out to the mtns & such.