Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
This frame has to be over 5 years old and it just won’t give up. It has been a trials bike, a normal HT, I have had a set of boxxers on it a used it for DH all last winter and I also built it up to ride to work on.
So I am now taking onto the streets when the weather starts to get bad to see how long it will last. :D
The 24” wheels fell a bit odd.

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
It’s a DS1
The tyres are good but they are really heavy and the forks are sill going but the bushes are a bit worn, hopefully they should last out.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Ok thanks... i am up to new bushings myself for my Rs psylo tullio sl.. :rolleyes:

But those hookworms are weighing 1.5 kilograms a piece. :stosh: I am slapping on some lighter rubber to. I've ordered two Maxxis Larsen tt 2.35's. A weight difference of 764 grams compared to the Maxxis Bling Bling Slow reeeeeezzaayy.. 40 a's . With 1125 grams. Super tyre for dry 4 x and dirt tracks.
:thumb: But the larsen tt i have tried there on the same track. Are very good to.

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
Yeah I might have to put some lighter ones on, DMR do some good ones.

I had some Bling Blings on my GT they were good but on the road the were hard work so I have got a high roller semi silk on the back with a high roller on the front and that is working well.
I would like to try some TT but you can only get them in 1.95” in the UK

fr-rider

Monkey
Aug 14, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
k9handler said:
Started with Marzo Jr T and some doublewide wheels (26 2.5 front and 24 2.7 back). The ride is more like a DH bike now just missing the travel in the rear, even then the bike is much more solid down the rough bits and tracks very straight! :)

She looks good. :D

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Tom DH said:
Yeah I might have to put some lighter ones on, DMR do some good ones.

I had some Bling Blings on my GT they were good but on the road the were hard work so I have got a high roller semi silk on the back with a high roller on the front and that is working well.
I would like to try some TT but you can only get them in 1.95” in the UK

Well you should buy them here then, http://www.bike2build.nl/toonartikel.php?id=7657 they also ship to Uk and other countrys. I ordered them there, and usaully buy all my tires there. I am from Holland and the shop offcourse to, so you don;t have pay importtaxes orso. Because it is in the Eu.

I got a email today from them, that they are expecting that the tires will be hitting the shop next week. :)

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
Lefty said:
Well you should buy them here then, http://www.bike2build.nl/toonartikel.php?id=7657 they also ship to Uk and other countrys. I ordered them there, and usaully buy all my tires there. I am from Holland and the shop offcourse to, so you don;t have pay importtaxes orso. Because it is in the Eu.

I got a email today from them, that they are expecting that the tires will be hitting the shop next week. :)

Thanks i will have a look into that

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Mmmmm, finally on page 67 I have a bike to show off. :thumb:

side shot:

front shot:

droupout:

specs:
2005 IH Yakuza Chimpira frame
Manitou Sherman Breakout 6" 1.5 steerer
Deemax wheels
Highroller tires
Hussefelt Crankset w/ single 38T ring
E13 Chainguide
X.9 shifter/der
EA70 Bar
FSA FR200 Stem
Hayes Mag brakes
Thompson post
Nisene seat

Just finished building it yesterday, right in time for the hurricane tonight.

:thumb:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
binary visions said:
Sweet!

Hey, better late than never, right?

The IH lineup this year looks absolutely sick. A bike for every budget!
Thanks!! Not quite *every* budget as the people who would buy a HT w/ DeeMax wheels and a Sherman Breakout are probably pretty rare. This was more of a fun project bike instead. :D

I must say, though, the combination of the 6" 1.5 Sherman, DH wheels, 31.8mm bar/stem combo and 2.5 tires filled to 35psi is STIFF. Probably stiffer than my DH bike with a boxxer.

Anyway, this little bike RIPS. Had forgotten how much fun it was to freeride on a HT, and even with the 6" fork it corners perfectly. Now just to take it out and REALLY abuse it some more... :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dante said:
Thanks!! Not quite *every* budget as the people who would buy a HT w/ DeeMax wheels and a Sherman Breakout are probably pretty rare. This was more of a fun project bike instead.
Ahh, yeah I actually didn't mean your bike was a budget bike in particular, just a general comment on the IH line.

Abuse the hell out of it :thumb:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
binary visions said:
Ahh, yeah I actually didn't mean your bike was a budget bike in particular, just a general comment on the IH line.

Abuse the hell out of it :thumb:
THANKS!!!

Took it for a FR/XC ride on sat, and the thing kicked some serious ass. Light enough to pedal around, and tough enough for some fun drops. DH on it on Sun was a different story. Bike was fine, but I guess I'm not DH HT certified. Back pain took me out halfway down the first run, guess I'm too used to my DH bike. But fun as hell regardless!!

Planet X Compo, '03 6" (non-SPV, thank you) Slider, Hope DH4's, Sun/Tomac DHS wheelset, single-speeded via a Rennen Rollenlager (simple, burly, beautifully made, silent-running, & just plain works) and a Gusset 1-ER.

The bike rips, and is a blast to ride. :D Pedals like a hardtail...errrr...wait.... ;) :blah:

Cheers.

J

JRB

the artist said:
how do you post pics i have the super burly hard tail---haro DS with monster-T what a ride

You can go to the first page of RM and go to mountain bike photos and log in. If they won't fit, send me a PM and I will host them on mojo.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Peyto hardtail/Pike Team combo. Race Face/SRAM drivetrain setup. Avid Juicy-5 on the brakes. King rear/Hope Bulb front on the hubs with some Mavic 819 rims. The Gravity Dropper post works well with this bike. Mishmash of other parts, but it's all stuff I like. This is my "daily driver" ride on everything bike. It's been to Keystone. It does all the local rides. It does the big, long high country slog rides.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
YO.. BIKEBROTHERS..
i am gonna start the POSING with some Burly Saint cranks, who will arrive this weekend. :D
For my beloved GT Ruckus 1.0 02. Photo's will follow later.

It will be dual ring with bashgaurd. I hope my Raceface bashgaurd will fit.

I am gonna put my Lx hollowtech/octalink cranks on my Zaskar who i am building up. :cool:

musicman

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
i finally got my burly ht built up, it was a trek bruiser w/ a 5inch z1mcr. but b4 i could even get pics of it it got jacked. they cut right thru my lock , i am pissed