Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Originally posted by axel

that looks nice, but whats up with the front disc rotor and hydro rim brake?:confused:
he prolly messed up the brake and didnt wanna hafta take the wheel off to remove the rotor.

A

Atomic

Originally posted by Hydraulicman
Not mine, but here's one

I REALLY dig the frame colour/decals combination :love: !! Just swap the fork, and you're done!

M

M.W.

Originally posted by axel

that looks nice, but whats up with the front disc rotor and hydro rim brake?:confused:
Sometimes I run a disc rotor and no front brake cuz I only have 1 front wheel and 2 bikes... Maybe it's something like that.

I hate when I'm riding my HT and people come up and say stuff like "Why do you run a rotor with no brake? Are you trying to be cool?" It makes me angry and gives me a strong urge to punch them in their face.

Edit: I really like the looks of that Stiffy SL on the previous page...

Moogie

Monkey
Nov 27, 2001
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
hey, i have a trek 7000 year 2000. yes it is supremely ghetto. let me stress that again SUPREMLY GHETTO. i have crank issues, and ben from unreal should be getting me some soon. DONT BASH ON CRAPPY BIKES! (xept costco, kmart etc bikes) we iz poor in the ghetto. yes it has held up to my 6 footers. i dont have a picture cause my cameras not working. sorry. soon the ghetto machine will come to life!!!!!!
|
0 (this is what my cranks look like)
\

j

SlackBoy

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
There ain't nowt better than a DMR spesh one in action.
This is my lil baby, was riding a fully but do'nt have the coin to get new chains, deraileur hangers etc etc and race, so back to the trusty DMR, and on go the RST XXL forks, running magura on rear (thats non disk), yes it is a bottle cage, I did tail end charlie for a XC race the week before, plus it was hot and i didn't ahve my camelbak with me so i needed water at the top of the hill for the mandatory long wait, ANd a set of full old school XTR cranks (from second generation so plenty old but super strong), Clips for racing, flats for fun

D

Dinsy

Originally posted by SlackBoy
There ain't nowt better than a DMR spesh one in action.
This is my lil baby, was riding a fully but do'nt have the coin to get new chains, deraileur hangers etc etc and race, so back to the trusty DMR, and on go the RST XXL forks, running magura on rear (thats non disk), yes it is a bottle cage, I did tail end charlie for a XC race the week before, plus it was hot and i didn't ahve my camelbak with me so i needed water at the top of the hill for the mandatory long wait, ANd a set of full old school XTR cranks (from second generation so plenty old but super strong), Clips for racing, flats for fun

My god Its FRANKENSTEIN.

Attachments

Ctfphotos

Chimp
Nov 5, 2001
Astoria, NY
Originally posted by obiwan-f1moto
This bike hasn't been photographed much standing still, but there are some good dirtjump pics of it. Actually a couple were on the board today.

Chainstays are set at 15.7 in this pic, has a Z1 MCR, and 2.3 Gazzy freeride tires (which measure bigger actually, the tires are pretty nice). This frame also rocks the Evil guide, Profiles, Stealth hubs, SRAM drivetrain, and FSA skypilot. Titec post, Funn seat, and prototype Evil Stem on board too.
Is that before or after I killed it?

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Ctfphotos
What's up with all the hardtails with downhill forks? Hope you guys enjoy back pain and retarded geometry.
Actually I have less back pain with a longer travel fork, (who knew?) and the more "retarded" geometry allows me to do more "retarded" things...

Try a hardtail with a big fork sometime, you know what they say:

"Once you go retarded, your old bike's discarded!":rolleyes:

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
What's up with all the hardtails with downhill forks? Hope you guys enjoy back pain and retarded geometry.
What's up with all the hardtails with horrid-80's-ferris-buler's-day-off-fashion statements? Hope you guys enjoy sore eyes and being called retarded.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by diesel

What's up with all the hardtails with horrid-80's-ferris-buler's-day-off-fashion statements? Hope you guys enjoy sore eyes and being called retarded.
I've seen that pic on here before, I think it's the "obnoxious for obnoxious sake" thing with the paint job, (punk!) and the Iron Horse decal on a Spooky, well that's just funny.

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
hehe yea yea i GUESS i get it....not really. i was just bustin balls coz he was bustin balls :p just havin fun. i say if ya ride it and its hardcore and hardtail then its all good, even if you look like a tennis ball on crack.

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
Hey, i've seen that bike in MBA. Sweet! With the Underworld headset, 3 piece cranks, gack sprocket, tioga 2.5 dh tires and truvativ system 2 chainguide?

SlackBoy

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
Dinsy, sort ya life out and this sunday at Baxters knob, bring a shovel or a rake and your bike and help grooming the jumps, we have to shape the big jump and the ones for the DJ comp for the awesome 4some and then we will be riding stuff in heaps. Prolly be a few impromtu 4 man races. And I heard tonight from peter that he put in a road jump as well

I'll show ya how my mutant monster can whup yo ass, and I might ride my bike as well

A

Atomic

Originally posted by Erci
No idea who's this is, but I just saw it on Pinkbike. DAMN that's good lookin

It's the factory Cortina 4130 slalom, very nice!

A

Atomic

Originally posted by Acadian
and
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 That's REALLY beeyootyfool :D !!!!! Just switch the fork to a Forx or a Zokes, and you're done ! :p nah kidding on this, it's hella sweet just (!) like this. Congrats!

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
wow, those pics are much better than the others. you have the best P-X ever built. i never realized how beefy lookin that frame is..