Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
Originally posted by prisspringle
heres mine again now with rigids till i get my new forks
i wish we could get pashley's in canada... htme pashley guys are cool too, (talked to Geoff when i ws in england on holiday's).

prisspringle

Chimp
Dec 11, 2001
uk, scarborough
i may have to say bye to the pashley to get a full sus, theres not really many dj around here :( an i keep geting killed on the dh by mates with full sus so i may have to go to the dark side:devil: .

priss

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
here is my bike with a few changes

wtb tires (came on it)
alex dm18 wheels ('')

things that I added
haro fusion stem
big cheese cromoly cruiser bar
poopey xvert

soon to put on

mrt or pslyo
maxxis tires
disc in front (no mount in back)
better tubular cranks

and that is about it
:D :cool: :)

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Originally posted by monkeyboy424
nice!

i thought i was the only one to respond to this post!

monkeyboy424 I have the Hardtail fever and am enjoying it right until the snow flies.Still working on the DH bike already for next year as well.Can we say Beefier;) I have a set of the Truvative Cranks and BB that might be going on it(the hardtail) as well.For now the XT's seem okay but that splined setup is sick:D And Lizard that Balfa is sick with that shiver and if i had any spare 24's i would sell you one.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i like your kona

i have my specs on mine:
frame:kona scab 2001
fork:mr. t
cranks:truvativ fire xl ISIS
wheels:alex dm18 need a 20MM hub tho
stem:haro fusion stem
bar:big cheese cromoly crusier bar
seat:s&m DJ big ass seat
tires:maxxis mofo DH rear, maxxis 2.5 highroller up front
headset:aheadset SX-1
and pretty much every thing is shimano alivio:rolleyes: :blah: :help:

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
i like your kona

i have my specs on mine:
frame:kona scab 2001
fork:mr. t
cranks:truvativ fire xl ISIS
wheels:alex dm18 need a 20MM hub tho
stem:haro fusion stem
bar:big cheese cromoly crusier bar
seat:s&m DJ big ass seat
tires:maxxis mofo DH rear, maxxis 2.5 highroller up front
headset:aheadset SX-1
and pretty much every thing is shimano alivio:rolleyes: :blah: :help:

Hey i like that setup that you have.Just changed the XT cranks and the chainguide out to a Mr. Dirt chainguide and Truvative BB and cranks.Wanted to go to a splined setup that was a little more durable.Especially after i saw the flex that i had on the non drive side of the XT BB and cranks.
Good cranks and BB but for what i am dong with this bike i don't want to worry about flex in the middle of a drop;) Plus the yellow in the dirt chainguide matches the yellow in the Maxxis tires and goes well with the blue '02 frame:thumb:

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
lucky......... i dont have any money now though so that sucks but i dotn really buy any thing except bike stuff so whatever

don't worry neither did spend that much $$$$$.The XT's that were on there and the BB came off an old XC Steel hardtail that i have.The Truative cranks and BB came off a friends Scab.He took them off when he built the bike up and swapped them for a set of profiles.(He sold me the BB and the Truvativ cranks for $80,brand new)Couldn't pass that up;) As for the Mr. Dirt that came of my Stinky as i now have a Blackspire on it.(getting it ready for next year already:D
I pretty much already had everything expect the Truativ stuff and i got a great deal on it.I know the feeling when it comes to the $$$$$'s.I like good stuff but if possiable i don't want to have to spend alot of $$$$$.Plus it keeps the wife happy,most of the time;)

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
I'm not sure which i like the most.The pic of the Orange and the Evil or the pic of that "SWEET" blue Scab.I am a sucker for a blue bike but that white Orange justs turns my crank:eek:

After thought why did Kona have to go blue in '03?Couldn't they have done it last year.Then my Stinky would match the Chute:angry: :D

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by phlegm

Bitch about my wheel and fork choice all you want. [/B]
You won't hear any bitching from here about your fork and wheel choice.That's a sweet ride that you have there.I take it that it's a 24" on the rear maybe and is that a Monster(maybe that's the black Jr.T i bet :) on the front:confused:
My big concern when i built up the Chute was the build it sturdy but not to over build it more than nessecary.It still comes in 1 lb. lighter than my friends Minuteman does.Not sure how besides frame material maybe.He runs a DJ 1 and an Evil guide with the same wheel combo 24" rear,26" front as i do.The only diiferance is that he has a Work Force stem on his mostly and i have the Dirt.;)