Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
did a couple of runs on the evil @ bromont yesterday.

sweet! but damn am i out of shape. my legs were like jello (this was day 2 of our first DHing of the season).

the bike was a blast though, even though i soon retired it for my couch (giant DH).

one thing for evil owners - if you are gonna run a big tire on the rear (i had a 2.7" mobster), you probably wanna run it in the longest wheelbase position. i didn't feel like changing my housing/cable (too short) so i left it in the middle. it cleared the frame fine but buzzed on the chainguide plate every once in a while under hard pedaling or cornering.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i sold it...

i feel like an ass

it was a little to much fork for me, but i regret selling it

well now i have a fox and i just the local DH trail, with it and MAN it kicked ass.

and i jsut added a mobster 2.5 in the front and a mofo 2.3 in the rear.

my bike is sweeeeeeet now

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Originally posted by monkeyboy424
i sold it...

i feel like an ass

it was a little to much fork for me, but i regret selling it

well now i have a fox and i just the local DH trail, with it and MAN it kicked ass.

and i jsut added a mobster 2.5 in the front and a mofo 2.3 in the rear.

my bike is sweeeeeeet now

:think: :rolleyes:

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
LOL

i am referring to my bike!

when you did the :think: and the ;) faces, i tohught you meant my bike SUCKS!

but i am just a definsive idiot with humor that no one under stands.

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
Porkybmx that's a sweet HT.Must be a nice ride there:thumb: And Monkeyboy man atleast you are honest about it :eek: So did i hurt your feelings about you bike:confused: Hope not because your bike doesn't suck, atleast you ride a bike:thumb:

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
no no no

i just misunderstood you.

so i decided to crack a joke

it didnt work because you cant really express feeling throught the internet.....

but yah, i totally know that you would never make fun of somones bike seriously, you are to nice for that!

:)

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by monkeyboy424
no no no

i just misunderstood you.

so i decided to crack a joke

it didnt work because you cant really express feeling throught the internet.....

but yah, i totally know that you would never make fun of somones bike seriously, you are to nice for that!

:)

Now if you keep that up people are going to start talking about us;) :D Don't worry it's cool i knew what you meant:think: we all have feelings;) :thumb:

NJPhil

Chimp
Dec 3, 2001
New Jersey
Originally posted by Nd4spd
Hey NJ Phil that looks like an old school Marzocchi fork on there :D Okay so which one is it:think: BTW sweet setup.You guys around Mass and N.J have some rocking Evils:thumb:
Thanks man, the fork is a 2000 Z1 QR20.

vernon

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Singapore
Originally posted by BoyBoy
peel the sticker off on the downtube. thats what i did with mine, and the bike looks MUCH better.

it peels right off. you may need a little solvent to get of a bit of sticky ****, but for the most part it comes right off.

here it is.
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=74581
Yeah, have thought of that, but have not got down to doing it yet.

Nice bike, yours. Looks really "stealth" after all them stickers have gone! :)

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
I think i might keep my RM7 coz the new ones are 5 lbs heavier than the 2001s, so I might hang on to it, being a lighter weight 7" frame and all...

I do have some other ones that need to go, like that Azonic DS1... Your friend doesn't want it? I am asking 150 shippd so i would (-) the shipping for him....

Christian -

BoyBoy

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
washington DC
Originally posted by vernon
Yeah, have thought of that, but have not got down to doing it yet.

Nice bike, yours. Looks really "stealth" after all them stickers have gone! :)
yea. i like that bike. thanks.

however, i just got a new bike. it's going to be absolutely amazing. i'll have it in a couple of weeks.