Quantcast

Here it is! CAMO ANODIZED FRAME!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Well at long last here it is the camo frame, 4 hours airbrushing and 2 in the tanks. I started 10am and finished in the seal tanks at 7pm tonight.
I can do tight patterns, mutitude of colors, etc.....
As it stands this bike took 8 hours with prep and 2 people to mount and rotate it through the airbrush pattern.

Just thought i would share the photos and let all get a gander! :thumb:

I attached pictures of my cranks.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
that is PIMP. but dom't you thing you are taking the whole camo thing a little over board. i like my fair share of camo and other interesting colors on frames.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Sir_Crackien said:
that is PIMP. but dom't you thing you are taking the whole camo thing a little over board. i like my fair share of camo and other interesting colors on frames.
No, all I've done so far is some parts on my frame and devons frame itself. That makes 2 people in the USA that now have my work.
The whole reason for doing this is to see if it's possible to do an ano on this scale and precision multi colored.
I can do ano screen printing and thats cool but not custom, just a negative with a bunch of holes for the dyes to go through.
Besides Camo is cool in anodising ,and I don't know of another frame out there.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
yeah its an AC, either 2001 or 2002 model year I would say. In 2003 they cut a hole to allow for the seat to be lowered more without having a super short seatpost and changed the way they gusseted and welded the headtube.

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
ya, SIC does urban camo stems and bars, Sun now does Green and Urban Camo rims few diff people do camo seats. havent seen anything else then those all camo tho. Manitou last i checked Discontinued there camo stuff.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
sayndesyn said:
Urban camo bike with pink parts. Now that would be sweet... umm yeah. Trends are really cool... Really.
Dude, ya need to stop. It's the fact that it was possible and I could do it on a frame is pretty cool. Camo is cool, maybe not for you but others it is.
Mocking it isn't going to influence and brainwash us to your views of it. Just appreciate it for the workmanship and pass on posting your same view of it.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
BigMike said:
Damn dude, that looks sweet! :thumb: If you were gonna charge someone to do that to their frame, what would it cost?
We are working on a price, retail is $299.
RM is going to be $175 - 200 depending on frame and camo pattern, some are airbrushed and some are other trade tricks but both are time consuming. You get 1 shot at it and if you screw up it's back to the start again. :mumble:

The cool part is I barter and trade so part or all of the cost can be traded, I still need parts for my Bullit. I do this after the line runs for the day are over then the programs on the process control are swapped over to different settings. Then the madness begins wether it's pantball markers for Randys crew or Mtn bikes for my scene.
There is no feasible way to makee a living at this and support a $700,000 facility with the machine alone $450k.
This is a favor and a chance to have fun for all of us or atleast until we get so busy that are night time shift starts.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
175~200???

where do i ship my VP-Free to? i want SAND CAMO..

instructions? (like, how to pay, where to ship, disasemble?...etc...)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
schweino1 said:
175~200???

where do i ship my VP-Free to? i want SAND CAMO..

instructions? (like, how to pay, where to ship, disasemble?...etc...)
Absolute Finish, inc.
c/o Travis Allen Sales (Bullcrew)
1708 6th ave North
Lewiston, Idaho

Be sure to put bullcrew on it so I know it's brodeal and not retail.

Paypal or trade for parts
Paypal is wcoperations@msn.com call me before sending it so we can go over guidelines for wht you are looking for 208.413.8788
I set up a file for all custom work so I have all your milspecs on hand after the process along with a process control card spec'd to your parts.
break the frame down completely bearings too, send just the parts to be done. I'll mask and remove al little peices after that.
Anything you want to have done be sure and pack in there, color matching is best done all at one run on the line.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
How long are you going to be doing this for? And do I need to have the frame pre-stripped of paint and if there is any, rust? Let me know, I have an Azonic for a friend that needs an urban cammo bath, 'cause he's gotta blend in for urban rides...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Tattooo said:
How long are you going to be doing this for? And do I need to have the frame pre-stripped of paint and if there is any, rust? Let me know, I have an Azonic for a friend that needs an urban cammo bath, 'cause he's gotta blend in for urban rides...
If it's rusted it's nt aluminum and cannot be done, It'll have to be painted.
I am going to do this as long as it doesn't affect our line time and my home life. Wife you know :D
For now it's fine, we have a couple of contracts coming in but the time is still available.
At worst I can foresee just cutting down the amount being done and limiting it to a time basis and first come first serve.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
As far as frames being stripped, if it's ano don't worry about it we can do that relatively quick. If it's powder coated we can strip that as well. It will be included in the price for now, but is going to be an additional charge. It takes 3 - 4 hours to strip a frame and have it ready for the tanks.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
bullcrew said:
Thats powder coat! But good colors.
I was taking more about the camo motives that the type of treatment, but you are right they mostlly painted (actually some of them ussing Imron and glassurite "Wet" paints)

so i ask you this before but i did not get a answer

how do you deal with "time-serts" "helicoils", brass insert, water bottle rivets and all this other None aluminum parts that also conform a bicycle frame....???

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
patineto said:
I was taking more about the camo motives that the type of treatment, but you are right they mostlly painted (actually some of them ussing Imron and glassurite "Wet" paints)

so i ask you this before but i did not get a answer

how do you deal with "time-serts" "helicoils", brass insert, water bottle rivets and all this other None aluminum parts that also conform a bicycle frame....???
Usually remove and repress in when done. You can with a pick tool reach inside and fold the walls everso slightly back and remove, then some we just mask and plug all opeinings so the inside remains dry through the process protecting them.
I am looking into geting new threaded inserts that flange when you pu a screw into them, that way we'll just pop and replace them with new ones. Saves alot of time.
Almost all of our clients ae job shops and manufacturers with 4 way and now some 6 way milling machines so R & D is simple and cost efective for us.
I can have a couple milled at a time in their spare time. Thats if I can't get them out of china.