Quantcast

Here's a question.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Ok. I have a Haro X24. I want to put a suspension fork on it.

It appears that the bottom race of the headset is built into the fork?

Is it?

If it is where could I buy a replacement to put on the other fork?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Mudpuppy
Ok. I have a Haro X24. I want to put a suspension fork on it.

It appears that the bottom race of the headset is built into the fork?

Is it?

If it is where could I buy a replacement to put on the other fork?
not it's not you should be able to remove it....when I had my x24 backtrail I was running a King headset.....the suspension fork sounds like a cool idea though....D

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Keep in mind that buy putting a suspension fork on you are making the headtub kick back. The bike will be slower stearing and depanding on the aount of travel feel like a dead cow. If you are going with more than 63mm of travel you should get a frame made for a suspension fork (ie: 24, Evil, One on, ect...) Your bike was never intended for a squishy front and the result will be noticed in performance. You will also run the risk of snapping the head tube OFF!

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Originally posted by jodysbike
Keep in mind that buy putting a suspension fork on you are making the headtub kick back. The bike will be slower stearing and depanding on the aount of travel feel like a dead cow. If you are going with more than 63mm of travel you should get a frame made for a suspension fork (ie: 24, Evil, One on, ect...) Your bike was never intended for a squishy front and the result will be noticed in performance. You will also run the risk of snapping the head tube OFF!
Yeah I know. It probably won't happen 'cause I don't think I have enough money to build up another 24" wheel. I was going to put a k2 smart fork on there.:D