Quantcast

Here's an interesting link for followers of the one.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And to end a press announcement with:

“Barack Obama needs to grow up. Leftist blogs and others in the press constantly say false things about me and my family.
Man the f@ck up. This guy is using a STATE website to air a personal grievance. But it is from Missouri, so I'm not surprised.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I'm looking for a description of what Obama or his campaign actually did, and there's nothing. What is this "plan" and how could Obama possible use the police for intimidation? He has no authority whatsoever over any law enforcement organization anywhere, let alone Missouri.

It's similar to me saying "McCain needs to stop destroying people's lives. That's simply no way to act, going around just crushing good honest, everyday people. It's total abuse of his position and of the law."

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I'm looking for a description of what Obama or his campaign actually did, and there's nothing. What is this "plan" and how could Obama possible use the police for intimidation? He has no authority whatsoever over any law enforcement organization anywhere, let alone Missouri.

It's similar to me saying "McCain needs to stop destroying people's lives. That's simply no way to act, going around just crushing good honest, everyday people. It's total abuse of his position and of the law."
that's right, no one elses opinion matters, but you guys....

but here's a vid in case your so inclined, but I doubt it...

http://www.kmov.com/video/index.html?nvid=285793&shu=1

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
but here's a vid in case your so inclined, but I doubt it...

http://www.kmov.com/video/index.html?nvid=285793&shu=1
uh huh. i watched it. did you? do you even know what you're arguing against?

Obama has a team who are tasked with watching ads in Missouri for specific lies (e.g. "Obama is Muslim") and then refute them as well as prosecute them as the law allows. They are asking law enforcement agencies to enforce existing Missouri ethics laws which would remove such ads from TV or print. Are you suggesting that it is wrong to ask the law enforcement agencies to enforce laws?

Feel free to describe what it is that Obama is doing wrong here with specific explanations of what points of his plan or his actual actions are illegal or unethical. Really, I'm doing my best here to guide you, despite your best efforts, as to how to make a rational argument. Go on, give it a shot.

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
uh huh. i watched it. did you? do you even know what you're arguing against?

Obama has a team who are tasked with watching ads in Missouri for specific lies (e.g. "Obama is Muslim") and then refute them as well as prosecute them as the law allows. They are asking law enforcement agencies to enforce existing Missouri ethics laws which would remove such ads from TV or print. Are you suggesting that it is wrong to ask the law enforcement agencies to enforce laws?

Feel free to describe what it is that Obama is doing wrong here with specific explanations of what points of his plan or his actual actions are illegal or unethical. Really, I'm doing my best here to guide you, despite your best efforts, as to how to make a rational argument. Go on, give it a shot.
Sounds like this forum to me....

No I am suggesting he is doing it for political gains. And only to that end. He would not care less who said what if it were someone spreading vicious, unfounded rumors regarding his opponent (here's the RM connection) as has been the case here in Georgia, and elsewhere.

And I will be happy to oblige. He is trying to stifle free speech, true, in it's negative, derogatory form such as above, without any oversight. It seems very much like RM here. Who is to judge what is correct or not? The daft, liberal left, or the radical right? Who will make those calls...local law enforcement that is obviously way too busy having to police their state, ( you know they are busy with the crackheads and drug dealers who LIVE on welfare, championed by the democratic party) or his campaigners themselves?? I agree that those things occur, but to actively seek local law enforcement to "police" those activities here, during crunch time, is nothing more than a political stunt, and should be viewed as nothing more.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sounds like this forum to me....

No I am suggesting he is doing it for political gains. And only to that end. He would not care less who said what if it were someone spreading vicious, unfounded rumors regarding his opponent (here's the RM connection) as has been the case here in Georgia, and elsewhere.

And I will be happy to oblige. He is trying to stifle free speech, true, in it's negative, derogatory form such as above, without any oversight. It seems very much like RM here. Who is to judge what is correct or not? The daft, liberal left, or the radical right? Who will make those calls...local law enforcement that is obviously way too busy having to police their state, ( you know they are busy with the crackheads and drug dealers who LIVE on welfare, championed by the democratic party) or his campaigners themselves?? I agree that those things occur, but to actively seek local law enforcement to "police" those activities here, during crunch time, is nothing more than a political stunt, and should be viewed as nothing more.
There's a big difference between free speech and libel. One is protected by the Constitution. The other is illegal.

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
There's a big difference between free speech and libel. One is protected by the Constitution. The other is illegal.
True, but again, if it was against the republicans, he couldn't or wouldn't care less. Plus, while it may be, it would already be out there....so too late!!

Why hasn't he did this up until this point....it looks as if the campaign is running scared at this point....at least to me...

GO DAWGS!

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I wasn't referring to which states had slaves, but the nationality of the slaves themselves.
so what's exactly is your point then, cuz I am sorry i missed it.

how would I infer that bit of snideness? because of the word black?? sorry but you were inferring by your previous post with the confederate battle flag (albeit a slightly bent version) that we in the south were the only ones with slaves. And slavery exists to this day....but this is not about that bud.

GO Dawgs!!

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
True, but again, if it was against the republicans, he couldn't or wouldn't care less. Plus, while it may be, it would already be out there....so too late!!
Barack Obama has never advocated doing that or allowed it to happen, so it is completely unfair and untruthful to say what he would or wouldn't care about.

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Barack Obama has never advocated doing that or allowed it to happen, so it is completely unfair and untruthful to say what he would or wouldn't care about.

certainly not publicly...

But he did tell his folks to "get in their face" and some have taken that to heart....I'd even venture to say even here on RM

GO DAWGS!

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
certainly not publicly...

But he did tell his folks to "get in their face" and some have taken that to heart....I'd even venture to say even here on RM

GO DAWGS!
So basically you have no proof that he wants to stop free speech, but say it anyway. Also, I don't call McCain "McSame" or any other derogatory bull****, and it doesn't convince me that you want to debate if you keep using stuff like "the messiah" and "the one", when my vote for Obama is a rational choice, not one of faith. Doing it is childish, and if you actually want to debate, then it would probably go along way to making things based on fact and rationality.

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
So basically you have no proof that he wants to stop free speech, but say it anyway. Also, I don't call McCain "McSame" or any other derogatory bull****, and it doesn't convince me that you want to debate if you keep using stuff like "the messiah" and "the one", when my vote for Obama is a rational choice, not one of faith. Doing it is childish, and if you actually want to debate, then it would probably go along way to making things based on fact and rationality.

I believe the link speaks for itself. Sorry if your blinders hinder your sight of this.

Thanks for the response, and I WILL call him whatever I wish.

Thanks again.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
I believe the link speaks for itself. Sorry if your blinders hinder your sight of this.

Thanks for the response, and I WILL call him whatever I wish.

Thanks again.
The links show that Obama wants libelous ads removed from Missouri, which I don't see a problem with. If there were libelous ads attacking McCain, I would support them removed. The links only prove that he wants the law to be upheld.

freightGOD

Monkey
Jan 26, 2002
Atlanta, GA
The links show that Obama wants libelous ads removed from Missouri, which I don't see a problem with. If there were libelous ads attacking McCain, I would support them removed. The links only prove that he wants the law to be upheld.
Why now? because he is running scared. Political dirty tricks are alive and well in 08.

Thanks again for your timely response. Have a nice night.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Why now? because he is running scared. Political dirty tricks are alive and well in 08.

Thanks again for your timely response. Have a nice night.
So, when Obama wants illegal ads to be removed, he is being scared? Missouri is looking pretty close right now, all things considered. Asking the police to take down illegal ads in a state which could potentially swing isn't a dirty trick, it is making sure that people aren't being lied to and making sure his character isn't being assassinated.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Wow.

No I am suggesting he is doing it for political gains. And only to that end.
Naw, you're kidding me. You mean getting libelous political ads removed might be motivated by the fact that he's a politician? I don't believe it. (Note: this isn't the same as "political gains." Are you seriously against stopping lies in a campaign?)

He would not care less who said what if it were someone spreading vicious, unfounded rumors regarding his opponent
While I'm very happy that you've had a conversation with Obama regarding his opinions on rumors about McCain (/sarcasm), why SHOULD he care and why does that have anything whatsoever to do with putting down the ads against him?

I'm going to set the record straight on some idiot lying about me, but I can't campaign for the entire world doing that.

He is trying to stifle free speech
Wrong.

It seems very much like RM here.
Oh, okay, we're going to go there. Do you know much about free speech? Where and when it applies? Do you recognize that this is a private site and has nothing to do with your free speech?

Who is to judge what is correct or not?
I AM THE DECIDER.

Last edited:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Sorry if your blinders hinder your sight of this.
FTW!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, please research the words/terms paradigm, cognitive dissonance, and ugly baby syndrome.

By the way, I'm neither Dem or Rebup (although I have a hard time following what currently defined "republicans" prioritize) so please don't freak out and start calling me names or making generalizations.

If you want to make arguments and debate in here please go right ahead. I'm going to insist however that if you do, you may want to do so in a format that cites sources and sound reasoning. I think you'll be surprised how willing people are in here to listen to your position if you behave in a way that is beyond that of how a teenager acts on z intrawebz.

Last edited:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
you may want to do so in a format that cites sources and sound reasoning. I think you'll be surprised how willing people are in here to listen to your position
The dude never gets off the ground to do that.

He sure motivates alot of opinion from users for how basic and crude his tactics are, and anyone who is fimiliar with debating should recognize when he resorts to namecalling he's lost.

But it is quite interesting how he gets so much mileage in terms of response.

i think the links provided are quite interesting beyond all that. The tactics used to eliminate "swift-boating".

While currently justifiable, it's still something that shouldn't be easily dismissed. These tactics to me seem like they could easily be abused.

It sucks that untruth and smearing has gotten to this height in the first place.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
He sure motivates alot of opinion from users for how basic and crude his tactics are, and anyone who is fimiliar with debating should recognize when he resorts to namecalling he's lost.
It's entertaining, he isn't capable of serious debate.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I do, as apparently does the Gov, and the DA and who ever else was listed...

Liberals, including folks here won't of course.

But that is where the VP debate is to be held...
I doubt there will be much of a debate knowing Palin. I'll watch it like it was Saturday Night Live..

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Except there's a difference between the humor. SNL is funny ha-ha, this debate is going to be funny uh-oh.
Couple that with the feeling of going to the race-track where you have bet everything you own on a horse. Next 4 years is a horse-race (rat-race for some).