Quantcast

Hey, another cop thread!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Hmmm..sensing a growing trend here???

The Internal Affairs report concluded that Lopez had committed "departmental violations," and it expressed skepticism about the claim that one of the four occupants of the Mazda appeared to have had a gun.

The report also noted that "by taking his son inside the Lukoil to confront the complainants, P/O Lopez made a dangerous situation even more volatile because of his close relationship with the alleged victim of the earlier attack."

Lawless' attorney, Alan Yatvin, said that he was exploring a civil suit on her behalf.

"I'm troubled by the conduct of the officer, about his telling a story that lacks credibility, and about the fact he thought he could get away with it," Yatvin said.

He said it's also troubling that so many officers apparently sought to dispose of the video, the key evidence in the case, and suffered no consequence after Internal Affairs investigated.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
What's the excuse on this one? And what exactly does a cop in Philly have to do to get fired? Rape the police commissioner's wife at the 50 yard line during halftime of an Eagles game?
"Even though I don't know all the facts...the police acted stupidly.."

Oh wait...wrong cops

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
You wonder what's going through these copper's heads. Probably nothing though, that's the problem. Personally I blame "COPS". Every walloper thinks he has to be a macho man.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
So the kid flips after HE rear ends someone and goes and gets daddy....a complete ****ing tool.

What a wonderful story.
Whats the moral though,

Just cause you are in a position of authority, does not mean you can challenge a white person if you are a minority.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Whats the moral though,

Just cause you are in a position of authority, does not mean you can challenge a white person if you are a minority.
I take the moral more as penalize the fvckwit cops who pull this kind of shlt.

Not return the moron to active duty 8 days later. This idiot acted like a pissed off frat boy, lied about it, then tried to get the evidence destroyed. If I pulled something similar in my job I'd be fired. But this guy just gets a slap on the wrist.

Last edited:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I take the moral of the story as WTF were you kids doing in Northeast Philly at 3 am?? Stupid crackers ought to know better.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I take the moral more as penalize the fvckwit cops who pull this kind of shlt.

Not return the moron to active duty 8 days later. This idiot acted like a pissed off frat boy, lied about it, then tried to get the evidence destroyed. If I pulled something similar in my job I'd be fired. But this guy just gets a slap on the wrist.
The problem is a lot deeper than that. How does Internal Affairs conclude that the cops who asked the clerk to destroy the tapes did nothing wrong?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Anyone else giggle at the quote "yeah, I got racial."

Nail senior for being douchebucket that's clearly too stupid to carry any authority, let alone a firearm.
Nail junior for assaulting her when she tried to leave. He's not a cop, he doesn't get to restrain anyone, especially by their neck. Hopefully the assault conviction will get his concealed carry revoked. Then hit him with the traffic violation for the rear-ending.
Nail the 2 cops in the department that asked for the tapes to be erased.
Suspend the police chief for not doing the above from the beginning.

Monkey
Nail junior for assaulting her when she tried to leave. He's not a cop, he doesn't get to restrain anyone, especially by their neck. Hopefully the assault conviction will get his concealed carry revoked. Then hit him with the traffic violation for the rear-ending.
although it is note worthy that neither CCW permit holder pulled a gun.

So the apocalyptic prediction of people having shoot-outs in the streets from minor traffic incidents is way off.

The only person who pulled a gun is the guy who is the only one in the room professional enough to carry one openly :rofl:

But yeah, his permit should be revoked and his *** thrown in jail for providing false information in the course of a police investigation(following Lopez Sr.'s advice to claim he saw a gun) and the assault blah blah blah.

Lopez Sr. should enjoy his stay in the pen as a woman beater and a dishonest cop.

And give the clerk a giant medal for sticking to the truth.

(the lack of presidential intervention however is saddening to the rest of us)

Anyone else giggle at the quote "yeah, I got racial."
:rofl:

Last edited:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Jeezus, what a ****-up.

If you're a proven liar, i.e. report falsifier, your testimony CANNOT stand in court. You are therefore practically useless to the police and community, as well as morally useless.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Jeezus, what a ****-up.

If you're a proven liar, i.e. report falsifier, your testimony CANNOT stand in court. You are therefore practically useless to the police and community, as well as morally useless.
Now, let's just say that you were put in prison on the basis of that officer's testimony in the past...do you think that hypothetical person should be granted a new trial?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
That's a really interesting question. I'm inclined to think there should be at least some sort of judicial review of cases the officer was involved in.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
That's a really interesting question. I'm inclined to think there should be at least some sort of judicial review of cases the officer was involved in.
What do you think the chances of that are?

I'd say they are about as good as Matt Taibbi being appointed head of the SEC...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
What do you think the chances of that are?

I'd say they are about as good as Matt Taibbi being appointed head of the SEC...
AFAIK, there's no procedure for that to happen on an instutional/automatic level. However, if I was in jail by his testimony, I would challenge my case on an individual level...I'm sure a good lawyer (which I bet everyone in jail can afford, of course) could instigate something on an individual level.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
AFAIK, there's no procedure for that to happen on an instutional/automatic level. However, if I was in jail by his testimony, I would challenge my case on an individual level...I'm sure a good lawyer (which I bet everyone in jail can afford, of course) could instigate something on an individual level.
That would require the imprisoned person to be aware there was even any action against this officer. What are the chances they're spending 3 hours a day on internet forums?

While I would probably be combing the newspapers daily if I were falsely imprisoned, who knows how much attention I'd be paying 5 years into a sentence, especially if I'm only a year from release anyway? One hopes that advocacy groups ARE doing this automatically, because it is insane to place the burden on the imprisoned.