Quantcast

hey programmer type folks

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
This might belong in the computers/tech forum, but...

I've got a job interview tomorrow for a web programmer position and they've asked that I bring some samples of my code. I've never put together a portfolio before of my work (at least not at the code level). Any tips on how to do this? They don't want entire scripts I don't imagine, or do they?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
This might belong in the computers/tech forum, but...

I've got a job interview tomorrow for a web programmer position and they've asked that I bring some samples of my code. I've never put together a portfolio before of my work (at least not at the code level). Any tips on how to do this? They don't want entire scripts I don't imagine, or do they?
Bring that scrolling rocket you programmed using Basic in middle school.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The ISP I worked for interviewed a few web coders, he was looking for fully functioning scripts not just snippets, since only the fully functioning scripts were demonstrating the capacity to program well. The guys he interviewed were bringing CDs with some of their work on it.

Take that for what it's worth. Not my profession, I just helped interview since I was the web design guy and he was looking for back end coders. Might want to see if some coders have their portfolios available online to give you some ideas.

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
I would think they just want to see the finished product. show them some of the better web pages you have designed as examples of your work. But its not my field either so I don't really know, sry.
Good Luck though :)