Quantcast

HIDs?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Whats the best HID for the money? I dont have too much to spend, and I dont really know whats out there. Its good to hear personal experiance. Thanks

J

JRB

Well - I know you didn't ask what the best search feature is, but it is the one here on RM. ;)

I like my Lume Light. You will get many other answers. I had more than perfect service when I didn't like the concentrated beam on the light. I wanted to return it and get a NR. They told me to send it in and they changed the reflector to a flood. It was gone 3 1/2 days. No charge to me. The service was perfect. That alone tells me to testify for them. Everyone of these lights will ultimately need service. Make sure you can get that. www.lumelighting.com

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
HID's kick ass. I've been really happy with my Niterider, but I've heard quite a few monkeys have had trouble with theirs.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Dartman said:
Well hurry up and get one. We've got night rides starting at Pocahontas SP tomorrow night at 7.

Mike

I've got a light, just not an HID. I'm gonna ask my dad for one for my birthday, and then when he finds out how much they are, I'm gonna offer to split it with him :)

And..... I'm restricting myself to the Surly for a while, until the wrist is ok. I know if I get on a bigger bike, I'll be too tempted to do bigger dumber things. Unless Poco is really tame (AKA not Buttermilk), I cant tag along just yet. But dont worry, I'll be there at some point :thumb:

And sorry about being a frikkin newB, I just forgot to search :eek:

I've heard good things about Lume, I'm going to seriously look at them. How do their prices compare?

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I also like NiteRider although many on this board do not I personally have never had issues with mine. They aren't cheap though but then again most HID setups with a burn time over 4 hours aren't

J

JRB

BigMike said:
I've heard good things about Lume, I'm going to seriously look at them. How do their prices compare?

This kit is $329. You can get wide or spot beam. They did a grass roots support deal last year and I got mine for $270 shipped with the fast charger.

J

JRB

You can get this for $270 from Price Point. This is what a monkey had trouble with a few weeks ago though I think. Not making them anymore.

J

JRB

Universal shows the ARC for $339 and the Cyclone for $370. Done researching now. Buy the Lume. :D