Quantcast

Highland Claymore Challenge Slopestyle Contest

Jun 26, 2008
HIGHLAND MOUNTAIN BIKE PARK ANNOUNCES
THE HIGHLAND CLAYMORE CHALLANGE

(Northfield, New Hampshire) Freeride mountain biking will see a revolution in competition this year as Highland Mountain Bike Park opens its doors to Pro and Amateur freeriders July 25th-26th for the first Highland Claymore Challenge.

Designed to address the growing need for safe progression in slopestyle, the Claymore Challenge will create a venue that allows both Amateurs and Professionals the opportunity to showcase their skills on a single course. With option lines throughout the course, riders in both categories will feel comfortable throwing down their best style as they make their way down the slope. “Our goal from the onset was to create an event that would be open to a much larger group of riders and would inspire greater participation in freestyle mountain biking” said Mark Hayes, Highland Mountain Bike Park’s General Manager.

As part of the events goal to address progression throughout the sport, the Claymore Challenge has partnered with Darren Berrecloth and Mount Washington to allow for one wild card to be awarded to the Bearclaw Invitational. “I’m super pumped on opening a spot to one of the East Coast rippers to be invited to my event” said freeride pioneer Darren Berrecloth, “I’ve got a lot of faith in the ability of Dave Smutok and his trail crew to design a course that everyone will be pumped to ride.”

For more information or to register the event check out www.highlandmountain.com.

BLOG 5_low res.jpg