Quantcast

Highland Mountain OverMountain Enduro Race

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
banshee any tips for a first time enduro rider with plenty of xc experience? im riding my 5" trail bike which coincidentally is my only bike so it works out well.

anyone else going to be there?

Last edited:

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Check out the video on their Facebook page...it will give you an idea of what the terrain looks like and what bikes people were riding.

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
I'm pumped for this race! I'll be on my super clapped out ASX with a Fox 40 lowered to 6" off my DH bike. Its gunna be heavy and it's not going to pedal well but it will be a lot better than the blown 36 on it now. My strategy will be to stay comfortable and relaxed on the DH stages and just suffer through the flat and climb hike to the top.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Can't wait to see results. +1 on Nate Hills.
Nate had a super duper unfortunate derailleur malfunction whilst playing on some jumps as they set up the timing. One of those fluke things you wish never happens to you. Adam Craig won the overall, and the climbers prime. Would've been close racing had Nate not had that issue.

Last edited:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Great pic Banshee Rider! How were the transition climbs? Looked like an awesome event, I'll be sure not to miss it next year. BTW, the Kingdom's enduro was a blast, even if you had to roll out the XC legs to hit a good overall time.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
No call up at the start either. Impressive display as he worked from last to first in 3 laps on a bunch of inside lines. Boring pit duty though with no handoffs.

Some event photos up at the link below, for those interested. Anyone find others?

http://isolation.net/mtb/2012OvermountainEnduro/content/20121020_3230_large.html
Adam Craig rules.

And I haven't seen any other photos besides from that site. Which is a bummer since it seemed like there were a lot of photogs out.