Quantcast

Hike and Ride Santa Cruz CA 8/30/09

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
As some of you know, I have been off the bike for the last 7 weeks or so because of shoulder surgery. I have really been missing riding, hanging out with riding buddies, etc. Its been rough.

So this last Sunday I went out to some of the local trails with my buddy Ben Vickery, my fiance Emily, and her co-worker Kristen to get my biking related fix.

It had been a while since I have been out to the trails, but I was sure I was headed in the right direction...

The trails were pretty empty (probably mostly due to the heat this weekend). But there was plenty of wild life around...

Ben taking a quick breather before dropping in...

Some warm up.

Ben's trusty steed:

The ladies chillin...

Also doing some trail maintenance.

The trails were dusty to say the least... after a wash out on a flat corner:

Overall it was a great hike. 5-6 miles and a few hours killed.

Hope you guys enjoyed the photos! It was really nice to be able to get out of the house and check up on the local trails. By the way, I am not a photographer nor am I any good at it. I was using a Nikon D40.

It will be another couple months before I will be mashing on them again...

Last edited:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It's torture to watch people ride ain't it? Glad you're able to still get out and enjoy trails though!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
awesome pics total heckler :thumb: ! hows the shoulder doing ?
Thanks man. The shoulder is healing. It feels better almost daily. Now my other shoulder is giving me guff again. I guess at the Sea Otter this year when I dislocated the shoulder I just had surgery on, I sprained the other one and possibly injured my rotator cuff. I swear I cannot catch a break on these things.

It's torture to watch people ride ain't it? Glad you're able to still get out and enjoy trails though!
It really is and thanks. I am pumped to get out heh.

Thanks again guys. =]