Quantcast

Hitting SST Tomorrow (2-8-05)

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
wish i could...but work calls my attention :(

ps - your signature cracks me up!

I've got a fever, and the only cure, is more cowbell!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
seand said:
bibs - stop hitting on all the freshmeat! not everyone wants to hear about your assmonkey! :D
Hahahaha!!! His assmonkey lies somewhere halfway down A-Line. :blah:

On topic...I have the same excuse that seand has. Stupid working for a living - if it didn't make it possible for me to buy schwag, I would never work again.

I would have to guess all the standing water will have receded down at the flowpark by now. Sunday was a slightly moist one out there. I wanted to take some pics of the action, but I can't get my camera wet.

Sep 8, 2004
Hey.
I'm gonna try to get there as early as possible for me... so thats about noon-ish.
Hopefully I'll make it. I'm supposed to be off, but they called me in. So, worst case scenario, I'll be a day late, and get there on wed.

How'd the meeting go on sunday? I got out there at ~2pm or something like that. I got soaked riding in, and then left after one run. Too much standing water for me, plus, I was the only person there.

Andy, you need to get a job where you work nights. Bike days, work nights. Works pretty well, aside from the whole still having to work thing.
What type of excuse is that gex? shoes!? :nopity:

-James.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bibs said:
thats it, Im gonna get both of you back!! This is internet war!! Im not sure what I will do...but it will be funny..so just you wait!!! REVENGE is mine.....naa, Im bored with that idea now..lets go ride instead...damn A.D.D. :D
Hahahaha - it's a deal.:thumb:

I feel like I've posted this about 10X now, but there was no meeting on Sun. There was an XC race as well as the craptastic weather. I'll figure out a better time for the next one. In the meantime, I'm just going to do some brainstorming with the bulk of the riders that are there over the weekend. We need to organize a serious trailday or two.

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
jimbo_the_biker said:
Hey.
I'm gonna try to get there as early as possible for me... so thats about noon-ish.
Hopefully I'll make it. I'm supposed to be off, but they called me in. So, worst case scenario, I'll be a day late, and get there on wed.

-James.

Hey James,
Wish I could make it out there tomorrow (Wed) but need to let the shoulder heal up a little longer. Remember last tues (feb1), when me and 3 guys hooked up with you? I was the one who took the bail on the large step down and injured my shoulder. I got lucky and did not seperate it. Ended up cracking my helmet though and getting a pretty good lump on my head; it was a hard crash. Gotta get new pedals or put some new pins in the ones I got. No more slips :mad: We'll have to hook up in a few weeks; I work nights and ride during the day.

Later

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
lol you crashed on the step down 2? Wow i thought i was the only 1 i no longer feel special. The rasberry on my arm dosnt either. I landed it but was mad squirly. Ohh well hope u get better asap.

Last tues i was the guy on the blue dhr.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Damn, Aaren!:eek: Glad to hear you came out of it relatively unscathed.

Hope this weather holds up thru at least Saturday. I feel bad about taking my buddy down there on Sun. On the bright side, he's seen SST in the worse-case-scenario. Next time he's there it will be pretty tight in comparison.

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
My new home i softies...i did the first two and attempted the third on the left line today...maybe tomorrow....i am gonna get those damn things..even if my stupid shock is blown.....the flow park is getting old though.....

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Hey, thanks Andy. My left foot slipped off the pedal and I just couldn't get it back. Thought I'd land it ok, then all hell broke loose and I got slammed pretty darn hard. Shoulder is feeling pretty good, but I ought to stay off jumping for a few more weeks. Plus, I'm heading to Cali for a little snowboarding in just over a week and I want to feel good. I'll stay to some trail riding for now.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
BIGHIT756 said:
My new home i softies...i did the first two and attempted the third on the left line today...maybe tomorrow....i am gonna get those damn things..even if my stupid shock is blown.....the flow park is getting old though.....
Nice. You (and alot of others) have progressed a freakin' ton over the last year...I'd hope that place is getting old to you. I've yet to bore/tire of it. I guess I need some more progression.

Sep 8, 2004
Hey.
Had a pretty good session out there today. I'll be out there tomorrow too... wed. Even though they called me in to work, I'll still go before work like always. No days off this week for me.

rad- good to hear your shoulder wasn't as bad as first thought!

-James

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
BIGHIT756 said:
I broke my collarbone on that third one.

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
that third one on a full suspension bike is a bitch...it shoots me straight up and straight down...I am gonna get that shiz down though if i have to hurt myself doing it...haha....how did you break your collar bone exactly??

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
BIGHIT756 said:
that third one on a full suspension bike is a bitch...it shoots me straight up and straight down...I am gonna get that shiz down though if i have to hurt myself doing it...haha....how did you break your collar bone exactly??
Naw - don't break yourself - not worth it. I cleared the third one, but drifted to the right a bit, my rear got caught in the soft stuff and washed out and I landed right on my left shoulder and snap, snap. That was in Nov - I'm fine now. I may hit Softies on Saturday - I needs to clear that third one too.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
bibs said:
ah ha, Ashley yu have found the ridedonkey! Im the guy that rides a Transition hardtail, just got it. Used to ride the brASSmonkey....welcome!

Cory

Gday Cory,

Mate, I know who you are. After our discussion about HT's on....whatever day it was, I have been looking around a little, for a HT. Always up for a new challange. However I dont think I could ever hang the Demo up.
Will be out there tomorrow around 11.30 (Thursday), for another extended lunch. It just has to be super dry out there right now...got to love that. Hitting either the Shore or 27 on Sunday if anybody is interested.

Ash

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
What up Ashley!! I bought your old bighit from you.

I going to try to go to SST tomorrow morning (Fri) at around 10:30. I was up there on tuesday morning and it was perfect. Anybody else going on fri morning?

Chris

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Hey Chris,

I heard a rumor you painted the frame black? I think black looks better on a BigHit than that Dark/Royal/Navy blue. Do you like the rear end on that thing? Nice and squishy....handles all the big stuff!

Oh, while on the top of BigHits, I still have a rear 24inch Mag 30 complete wheel with tire, that I am trying to get rid of CHEAP. If you know anybody, let me know.

I will try and get there tomorrow. Was supposed to go today, however had to do that work thing.

Ash

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Dang ash missed u today was there around 2:30! Ill be at 27 on Sunday for some good times. Call me if ur gonna go up.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Gex said:
Dang ash missed u today was there around 2:30! Ill be at 27 on Sunday for some good times. Call me if ur gonna go up.

Cool. Its either 27 or Seymore on Sunday...not to sure yet. 27 is looking good though...

I dont have your number anymore...remember, crushed my phone, when I wrecked on the big table.

Email me. Powderrecon@comcast.net

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Netguy said:
Hey Chris,

I heard a rumor you painted the frame black? I think black looks better on a BigHit than that Dark/Royal/Navy blue. Do you like the rear end on that thing? Nice and squishy....handles all the big stuff!
I painted it black and got new bearings for it. Looks brand new and I love it.