Quantcast

Hobby Park Dual

NCBMXPRO

Monkey
Apr 22, 2005
Charlotte
Count Dinger, Sherrill, and Me IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!Three more pros. Even though that is the day the Panthers play the Patriots...............aaaaannnnnndddd the day after my sisters wedding party, maybe I can recoupe?????

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
NCBMXPRO said:
Count Dinger, Sherrill, and Me IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!Three more pros. Even though that is the day the Panthers play the Patriots...............aaaaannnnnndddd the day after my sisters wedding party, maybe I can recoupe?????
Sweet! Hope all you guys are having great seasons on the little bikes. Maybe we can put the game on the P.A.. Might be a little hard to ride to though.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Mike, if enough pros show up any chance of splitting them from the experts?

You missed an awesome mtnx course at Snowshoe. If only it wasn't so far away I'd go back just to ride it.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
We will if we have enough pros. Sucks about your bike breaking. Hope you had a good time anyway. Don't remind me about not going, I'm having to do xc just to race. :mad:

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
Peete said:
Mike, if enough pros show up any chance of splitting them from the experts?

You missed an awesome mtnx course at Snowshoe. If only it wasn't so far away I'd go back just to ride it.
Sorry to hear about your bike....are you coming back for mayhem -Sept 10th-11??

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Msisle Dad said:
Sorry to hear about your bike....are you coming back for mayhem -Sept 10th-11??
I was talking to my son about it but I doubt it. I spent @ $160 in gas this past weekend. And it looks like I'm going to take another pay cut here soon.
But you never know, we've raced for Team Credit Card before.

Your boy did pretty good in the mtnx. There were some west coast heavy hitters in the JrX ranks. Peter looked like he started in the wrong gear and was nervous. He needs to learn to not get psyched out by the comp.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Nah just one big class for right now. Some people will prob. be fine on a big bike in their regular class. Example- if you are a junior.

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
Peete said:
I was talking to my son about it but I doubt it. I spent @ $160 in gas this past weekend. And it looks like I'm going to take another pay cut here soon.
But you never know, we've raced for Team Credit Card before.

Your boy did pretty good in the mtnx. There were some west coast heavy hitters in the JrX ranks. Peter looked like he started in the wrong gear and was nervous. He needs to learn to not get psyched out by the comp.

Thanks, It's a good class, and our guys do not get the chance to race at that level enough. We may try for the Maxxis final.. Let us know if you are ever heading up our way...Charles

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Me and formermtnboarder went out there today, it was fun stuff. We even had an audience of lots of scary looking old guys in child molester mobiles. The course is a little rough, but lots of fun. Im all for leaving it like it is, rough, rutty, and rocky, it is mountain biking after all. Oh yeah Mike, my favoritest, bestest, hadiest, youngest bike mechanic in the whole world, are you gonna be requiring people like me to put their derailers back on? Did I mention your the best...

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
manimal said:
i'm not sure what the fee is but i'll pay your race fee if you pull a tanya harding on the entire sport class so i can win :evil: :D
Well that's just nice, Brandon. I was going to let my daughter race men's sport if no women show up.

Just out of curiousity, could I race expert and DH bike class?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Peete said:
Well that's just nice, Brandon. I was going to let my daughter race men's sport if no women show up.

Just out of curiousity, could I race expert and DH bike class?
don't worry, i'd leave your daughter out of it, i suppose i could deal with 2nd place to her.....but everyone else beware! ;) :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
some pics from today at hobby. the stuff in the woods has been worked on as well as the last step down...thanks mike! now...onto adding some height to the 4-pack :D

semi-local hero and all around super guy, andy devault, showed up today and hung with me and the boy.
pics....
noah challenged andy to a race :thumb:

uh-oh

like sasquatch, i am usually blurry

noah holding his line

my fav pic

noah on the 4-pack

sasquatch again :D

andy was going so fast that i couldn't pan quick enough

andy on the 4-pack

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
It doesnt say what the entry fee is? Also, is a membership/lisence needed to race?

Is this just a one day event, like qualifying in the morning, heats in the afternoon?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Any local guys want to show Peter and me some of the freeride/DH stuff on saturday? We are planning on heading up sat. morning so we could get some riding in before sunday's race.

We'd like to check out Cone and any secret handshake trails.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
haromtnbiker said:
It doesnt say what the entry fee is? Also, is a membership/lisence needed to race?

Is this just a one day event, like qualifying in the morning, heats in the afternoon?
Entry fee is $27. Norba license is required. You can get a one day license at the race. I think it is 5 bucks. One day event and practice 8-11, qualifying @11, heats 12:30ish or after qualifying.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Peete said:
Any local guys want to show Peter and me some of the freeride/DH stuff on saturday? We are planning on heading up sat. morning so we could get some riding in before sunday's race.

We'd like to check out Cone and any secret handshake trails.
You guys like dirt jumps? or wooden stunts?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Mikedsx said:
Bobcat on Weds 8-1 if anyone is interested. Oh yeah there is a junior class. The flyer is posted on www.paulsracing.com .

i'll try to be there mike, but i'll be getting off of work at 630am so i might pass out before 8. either way, i'll be out there this week and will bring the shovel to smooth out anything left from tomorrow.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
motomike said:
You guys like dirt jumps? or wooden stunts?
Peter likes DJs and I'm more into DH stuff. I can fake my way through jumps if they aren't too vert.
Not really into wooden stunts like teeters and skinnies but drops are cool.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
manimal said:
i'll try to be there mike, but i'll be getting off of work at 630am so i might pass out before 8. either way, i'll be out there this week and will bring the shovel to smooth out anything left from tomorrow.
Just bring doughnuts!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
good work mike, i went out there this afternoon and smoothed out the first berm and a few other minor areas. looks like we'll need a good hard rain before the new stuff is actually rideable though, it was like a dust bowl today.

in the worst case scenario, i'll load up a couple mobile toters, fill them with water and use that to wet and shape the berms and new hip.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Peete said:
Peter likes DJs and I'm more into DH stuff. I can fake my way through jumps if they aren't too vert.
Not really into wooden stunts like teeters and skinnies but drops are cool.
We can take you guys out to Cone and maybe "Billy Wanes." If you guys like fishing we can check out a really cool fishing hole, but its mostly wooden stuff, but lots-o-fun. Did you get your bike fixed?