Quantcast

Holy cow weather can throw u off!

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
Ok I enterd a race a shop puts on each year. its my thrid year doing the race and its a blast each time. in the 2001 race the sun was out the temp was just right I was on a low cost aluminum rig and had trained very little prior I came in @ 52:12 not bad for 20k if I say so myself and the person who won my class posted a 40:34. (I placed second in my class)

ok 2002 the weather was cold and damp and it had rained big time the night before (DEEP DEEP puddles in the course) I had trained cositantly for a few weeks prior I was on a true XC bike I was feeling good. the race went well I didn't die like I usaly did on the first series of climbs, ands I didn't stop or even dismout my bike like i did in years past. I crossed the line at 56:05 I placed third im my class ( I missed 2nd by one second, MAD sprint to the finish) and last years winner (who won again) came in 42:17 he even lost time.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Gte used it you will never have the same time i the weater is so totally different this year i finished my first race in 50minutes or so and i was shivering at the start in the rain now i'm doing the same coarse in 35 minutes.