Quantcast

Holy crow!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I was driving in to work this morning, the sun was rising over the distant mountains. Orange sky, silhouette of the mountains...quite beautiful. As I was cursing some knob-end for doing something stupid in his car, I looked up to the heavens asking the supreme being to smite the offender. In the sky, I noticed hundreds of crows flying in the opposite direction. Litterally hundreds.

They just kept coming. I was driving in the same direction for about a minute and a half at about 25mph and there was a steady stream of these crows flying overhead in the opposite direction.

Kinda eerie.

Anyone ever read The Dark Half?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Were they aligned in a "V" though?

WTF is it with this family and amazement with migrating birds?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Were they aligned in a "V" though?

WTF is it with this family and amazement with migrating birds?
Nope, not a "V". More of a connects the dots pattern of a blizzard.

Is it really considered migration when it's more of a morning commute? Tell me more nature boy!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Nope, not a "V". More of a connects the dots pattern of a blizzard.

Is it really considered migration when it's more of a morning commute? Tell me more nature boy!
Im not a bird guy, but just about any time you have hundreds of typically well-dispersed organisms coming together and simultaneously moving in the same direction just as the seasons are changing, I think you can safely call it a migration. They weren't heading south by chance, were they?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Im not a bird guy, but just about any time you have hundreds of typically well-dispersed organisms coming together and simultaneously moving in the same direction just as the seasons are changing, I think you can safely call it a migration. They weren't heading south by chance, were they?
Man, you really aren't a bird guy. Crows aren't migratory. Apart from their morning commute that is...