Quantcast

holy hell...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
for those of us surfing on our PDA's during a boring meeting and can't see the video, what the heck is so bad?
Imagine a guy basically falling 30 feet to the flat part of a giant quarter pipe. He hit so hard his shoes fly off. It is also safe to say that he got knocked the **** out.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
that's a normal sized vert ramp w/ a whore fetus on the board.

putting the "ultra" in n00b w/ every post, eh?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
He actually fell over 50 feet and landed flat on his back you cant tell how high he is until you count the seconds he is falling for...This EXTREME crap is getting nuts, it's so glam for these contests people are gonna get killed. I would much rather see a guy do a slower speed super tech line than that huck crap...

This is only entertaining the fat guys on the couch saying 'did you see that guy!?!?! har har he is nuts'...

stupid.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Whatever happened to that winter DH racing ridiculousness? I thought that event was bound for glory.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
The big wigs decided MTBing isn't mainstream enough.

I have a poster of Eric Carter on an all red GT DHI from one of the winter X-games.
What? Racing DH bikes on snow down a ski course without any control to speak of wasn't mainstream enough?

I just remember Missy in the uber streamlined getup... :shocked:

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
I think Jake was so stoked to hit the big air, he forgot he still had to hit the ramp at the end of the chute successfully...while going like 40mph. Why build another turn-around ramp there? It would be cooler to let them flow into a cool pump track section if you successfully land the monster gap jump. Guess that would take up space for paying customers though :greedy:

Dude's lucky to be alive...he was hanging in mid-air for a l..o...n...g time.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
He actually fell over 50 feet and landed flat on his back you cant tell how high he is until you count the seconds he is falling for...This EXTREME crap is getting nuts, it's so glam for these contests people are gonna get killed. I would much rather see a guy do a slower speed super tech line than that huck crap...

This is only entertaining the fat guys on the couch saying 'did you see that guy!?!?! har har he is nuts'...

stupid.
who posted this again? :busted:

that isnt a standard quarter at the far end. that thing is about 25 odd feet tall, not a normal vert. as for why it happened, if you watch the video he speed wobbled on the vert of the quarter which threw him all over the place and kablooey he went splat. that was nuts!!!!