Quantcast

Hood #4 - who's going?

Instinct

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
Snoqualmie WA
Me and the gooseman will be there. Looking forward to hitting the upper stuff for the first time this year.

Does anyone know if this one will be best one out of two, or combined time?

Also planning on riding Post Canyon on Monday if anyone wants to hook up and shuttle.

--mattPatt

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
So if i drive down tomorrow will I have time to practice? I'm coming home from school this weekend and racing sounds fun.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
You have all day Saturday to practice. Sunday you are supposed to do one run. Get to the lift early on Sunday and head straight to the top. You can get 2 or 3 top runs in and then head to the bottom. You will be warmed up by then and ready to go.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Agreed. That was a very well run event and multiple good times were had for sure. Add #591 to the list - thanks!

Better yet, if anybody got either pics or vid of my full-speed wrecks on the Cannonball section I'd be more than stoked to see 'em. PM me if you're that person.

Gonna' miss the last race in a few weeks, but I'm already thinking about next season down there!!!

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
#814 or probably more easily recognizable by the lack of gloves and lack of a chain/derailur for my race runs.

fun course though. first time i have ever really ridden something that made me wish i was wearing body armor.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Sunday was an interesting race. A lot of people lost chains. Including myself. I was riding a borrowed small Kona Stinky, yet I'm 6' that was interesting in practice. First corner on cannonball my chain came off. Oh well, next race my bike should be here. If there were pics of 171 I'd be interested in seeing them.

Here's a little video I slapped together real quick.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Crash on the Sun Deck at MT Hood

Yeah, my ribs still hurt and there is a bacon farm on my right hip. It was cool to see the crash, because I thought it happened completely differently. Must of been the head strike on the big rock. Anyway, won't be showing this one to my wife, she'd ground my bike. BONES OVER METAL!!!!

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
seriousely... no one has any pictures? #803 anyone?

Video is good though... Mark, I have a suggestion for you... Don't crash into big rocks anymore!

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
There should be NO photographers, EVERYONE should be racing. I have about an hours worth of video, with alot of you guys in it. I have to wait till Saturday to work on it though. Whats a GREAT program to use to make videos with... adding music and so on. HARRY, you guys should know...FREERIDESAMMAISH usually rocks.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Apple Final Cut (Studio if you can afford it or Express HD if you can't), apple imovie is pretty good for what it is.
If you are still running a pc for some reason adobe premier is what you want.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Yes, I run a PC. I'm not a Hippie...LOL.
Then you may want to use two rocks. Just put your camera in between. LOL. Actually, there are some cheaper Apps for those still stuck on PC. Sony Vegas is a decent one. Look up a company called Ulead, as well.