Quantcast

Hooray for Julich

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
HUGE congrats to him for winning the Paris-Nice!!!!!! What an outstanding accomplishment for him. :thumb:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Ridemonkey said:
Nice! Haha pun intended I crack myself up!
Oh brother. :rolleyes:

What was also impressive was the save that Alberto Contador pulled off to keep himself from crashing highspeed into a big concrete pole thingie. My heart rate shot up when his foot came unclipped and I thought he was a goner.

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
Yea, I missed it...

I like to watch the crashes (or near crashes in this case), not because I like watching people hurt themselves, but because I have been in a few.

I have walked away from them all not too badly injured, but once I realize that I am alright and not broken, I am always like "I wish somebody had gotten that on video." hehe :)

One time I was racing my friend down a residential street for fun, close to my house.

We had a standing start and once my brother said, "GO!" we were off pretty quickly.

About 50 or so meters into it we were still accelerating out of saddle, and on my up-stroke, "POP" my shoe popped out of the pedal and I fell onto my handlebars with my chest.

Still moving along and a fair clip I maintained my ballance, my other shoe popped out and the cleats were grinding along the ground making sparks (it was night time).

My weight on the handlebars must have flipped me up on the front wheel after this, and I started flipping over.

I didn't want to smash my face so I guess, somehow, I shifted my weight and spun around, landing on the ground with my hip and bouncing and twisting.

OH it felt soooo nice for the first few seconds... I just lay there with the bike in between my legs and ripped cloths and skin for a few moments.

Long story short, I wish I got my crashes on tape to watch, and laugh at myself. :)

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Nate at RIT said:
That save by Contador was amazing. I watched that several times and I'm still not sure how he didn't lay it down.
It was a miracle. I remember doing something similar in a sprint before. I came unclipped on the up stroke of my jump and my chest hit the handlebars. The back end started to come up and then I surfed it out on the ground and managed to save it. Whew!